Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Lincoln has a 3.0 eco the FWD is 350 hp and the AWD is 400, more load so it gets a cooler. Really I could see this on a Edge ST with the 2.7, and it should be a easy swap long as it doesn't have rear heat n A/C which would just be a hose difference is all.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The F-150 2.7 has the oil cooler. Maybe the Edge ST as well. Part #s were posted earlier in the thread.
F 150 is different, the inlets are on the other side.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
F 150 is different, the inlets are on the other side.
Different oil cooler but it still has an oil cooler.

The Fusion Sport gets a PTU cooler and an aux trans cooler. Ford in its infinite wisdom gives my Explorer an engine oil cooler because of the Tow Package but doesn't add anything for the PTU or transmission. Just the standard trans cooler integrated with the A/C condenser, and a duct for the PTU. LOL.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

The Fusion Sport gets a PTU cooler and an aux trans cooler. Ford in its infinite wisdom gives my Explorer an engine oil cooler because of the Tow Package but doesn't add anything for the PTU or transmission. Just the standard trans cooler integrated with the A/C condenser, and a duct for the PTU. LOL.
Yes, I didn't get a look at the ST yesterday, too busy with other stuff to stop n get a gander, but I,ll try when I go back to work on Monday. Oh and Ford use to put a duct on top of the 2.3 Fusions to get air to the alternator. Paul's neighbor gave his kid their old one, thing has 210,000 on it now. I think, I've replaced the valve cover gasket at least three times, LOL. It got a rear main too, but I didn't have anything to do with that one thank God. Car's about done though, still has oil coming out all over the place.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I would say it's the same one on the F 150 since it's not a transverse drive train. It how ever is not a full frame, Unibody with cradles at both ends. Were gonna pull the rear one out of it so we can replace the frame rail on the right side.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hey, speaking of room for stuff, where did you put your pump for the water/meth injection ? I may work on that tomorrow while I'm doing all the other stuff I got going. Gonna be a long day at the shop I can see.

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Black LMS 93V6, GFB Diverter, K&N panel, 165* thermo Ultimate Perf FMI
46 Posts
Spot on MY27FUSION, took the plunge last week before the heat wave, wow that was fun.....not really lol. My biggest takeaway is to TAKE YOUR TIME disconnecting the ecu with plenty of electronic spray cleaner to free up the levers from grime and debris , which move INBOARD to disconnect lol. Thanks again for all the great info!
Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have mine in the same spot, just turned a bit counter clock wise is all. No oil cooler though, but on the to do list.

·
Registered
44 Posts

I bet you, some design engineer at Ford got a hefty bonus for cost reducing that thermal management design! 😆

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Nice thing about our trans cooler behind the bumper is we can upgrade it pretty easy if we want. The stock one is only about an inch thick, and there's room for a thicker one.

Reactions: KCMastaPeace

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
332 Posts
Nice thing about our trans cooler behind the bumper is we can upgrade it pretty easy if we want. The stock one is only about an inch thick, and there's room for a thicker one.
Any thoughts on a make/model that might work as an upgrade? My trans temps ramped up to 253F during an open lapping session at a local track and threw a soft code.

And related to the oil temps and oil cooler, I'm not sure how you can quantity if its helps or not as (oddly enough) we don't have an oil temp PID we can even monitor.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
G plus makes some that look decent, basically a China knock off. Use AN-10 fittings on the stock hose and it should be fine, or just go custom from the hard line and use some braided hose of your liking. I don't get why we can't get a oil temp pid for the Sport, I had a 2013 Fusion 2.0 and could get it with my Cobb Accessport. Now mind you it's an inffered number, you want a good accurate reading, you need a sensor in the oil pan or somewhere where the oil flows past it.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts