Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MIL has the 2.0 MKZ cousin! I love her seats more but I love my infotainment system setup more than hers and she likes mine more too lol I also kind of like how she has a dial for the fan speed vs our buttons.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What do you mean infotainment system specifically? Just curious because i found the sports Sony to be way over bearing in the bass personally. Love my Revel Ultima system.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
MIL has the 2.0 MKZ cousin! I love her seats more but I love my infotainment system setup more than hers and she likes mine more too lol I also kind of like how she has a dial for the fan speed vs our buttons.
Hi Tif. I am also curious as to what you mean by "infotainment system setup". Are you referring to the SYNC3 graphics/colors?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Tif. I am also curious as to what you mean by "infotainment system setup". Are you referring to the SYNC3 graphics/colors?
Yes like the setup our displays have. Her screen looks totally different.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes like the setup our displays have. Her screen looks totally different.
Hi Tif. That probably has to do with the SYNC versions in both cars. What year is her MKZ and what year is your Fusion? Yours is probably newer, correct?

The newer cars (MKZ and Fusion) have SYNC 3.3. or 3.4. The 2017-2018's have SYNC 3.0. That is the difference in "setups". Otherwise a 2018 MKZ and/or Fusion are the same basic setup except for colors. And a 2020 MKZ and/or Fusion will have SYNC 3.4 and the same "setups", except for colors.

And to explain another way: SYNC 3.0 in an MKZ and Fusion have the same setup, except for colors. And SYNC 3.4 in an MKZ and Fusion have the same setup, except for colors.

Hope that makes sense. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Tif. That probably has to do with the SYNC versions in both cars. What year is her MKZ and what year is your Fusion? Yours is probably newer, correct?

The newer cars (MKZ and Fusion) have SYNC 3.3. or 3.4. The 2017-2018's have SYNC 3.0. That is the difference in "setups". Otherwise a 2018 MKZ and/or Fusion are the same basic setup except for colors. And a 2020 MKZ and/or Fusion will have SYNC 3.4 and the same "setups", except for colors.

And to explain another way: SYNC 3.0 in an MKZ and Fusion have the same setup, except for colors. And SYNC 3.4 in an MKZ and Fusion have the same setup, except for colors.

Hope that makes sense. Good luck.
Our cars are actually the same year! 2017’s. I like my sync the way it is (but idk what version I have). I don’t think hers has nav or apple CarPlay while mine does but I’m not 100% sure!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Our cars are actually the same year! 2017’s. I like my sync the way it is (but idk what version I have). I don’t think hers has nav or apple CarPlay while mine does but I’m not 100% sure!
Hi Tif. If hers does not have NAV and yours does, that would explain the "setup" difference. The only difference between SYNC 3.0 in a Lincoln and Ford are screen colors, and any added Lincoln features according to model (if any).

If both are 2017's, then you both have the same SYNC version...SYNC 3.0.
If they both had NAV, the only difference would be screen colors (and again, any additional MKZ features).

Are you sure hers does not have Apple CarPlay? The 2018 MKZ does. But you do have to connect via USB. On the other hand, Android Auto is wireless (at least beginning with the 2018 models). Perhaps her MKZ does not have NAV and Apple CarPlay due to it being the base model (just guessing)? I'll try to find an answer for that.

And I certainly respect your right to prefer one over the other, no matter the reason. Good luck. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
All SYNC 3 systems 2017 and newer model year have CarPlay and Android Auto. The only way the Fusion wouldn't have it, is if it were a 400A optioned car with the 4.2" center display.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Tif. If hers does not have NAV and yours does, that would explain the "setup" difference. The only difference between SYNC 3.0 in a Lincoln and Ford are screen colors, and any added Lincoln features according to model (if any).

If both are 2017's, then you both have the same SYNC version...SYNC 3.0.
If they both had NAV, the only difference would be screen colors (and again, any additional MKZ features).

Are you sure hers does not have Apple CarPlay? The 2018 MKZ does. But you do have to connect via USB. On the other hand, Android Auto is wireless (at least beginning with the 2018 models). Perhaps her MKZ does not have NAV and Apple CarPlay due to it being the base model (just guessing)? I'll try to find an answer for that.

And I certainly respect your right to prefer one over the other, no matter the reason. Good luck. :)
Hers is the base model yes and I’m not 100% sure if she has Apple CarPlay or not. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All SYNC 3 systems 2017 and newer model year have CarPlay and Android Auto. The only way the Fusion wouldn't have it, is if it were a 400A optioned car with the 4.2" center display.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Oh okay then she probably does!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts