Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Autovlog released a video on it. I watched it in 4k.

They really made a huge improvement on the MKZ, but I'm happy with my Fusion Sport. It's way too much money for 75 more horses when we can just buy a tune and get pretty close to that 400.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Lincoln has 400 hp/400 tq and it looks like it uses the same 6 speed transmission as the Fusion Sport does. It shouldn't be too much of a stretch to use a tune that adds 80hp/80 tq to a Fusion Sport, I would think the transmission should hold up to those additions with out too much trouble. Unless they are using a "beefier" version, the Lincoln web site shows the same transmission across the board for the 2.0 up to the 3.0. Just my observation, maybe some else has more info.

·
Registered
215 Posts
As I've mentioned previously, I think the MKZ is still at least a generation away from being the real deal. The engine is terrific, but it seems to be lagging in most other areas compared to the competition. I can't agree more with this article regarding the styling, which to me is a hodgepodge of old and new themes that just aren't cohesive. I hope this car gets a ground up revision for the next generation. And please, drop the stupid "MK" naming scheme so that people can tell one vehicle from another in print.

Given where the acceleration numbers are coming in, it makes sense that Ford might have gone a bit tame with the Fusion Sport's tune to create a little distance between these two vehicles. It's already a lot to pay for a few extra tenths (not that that's is all you get) but if the performance is perceived as about the same, it really diminishes the case for the 3.0 MKZ.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It is too bad they didn't put the 3L in the Fusion Sport, maybe an all out Fusion ST will have that? Otherwise, an engine swap might be in order!

Ken

·
Registered
405 Posts
That price tag though, you can get it up to 63,000 dollars?! And I thought a 40K+ Fusion was a waste of money. Come on now, who is going to buy a Lincoln for that much when you can get an Audi/Jaguar/BMW that not only performs better, but also looks better and holds its value better.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Lincoln has 400 hp/400 tq and it looks like it uses the same 6 speed transmission as the Fusion Sport does. It shouldn't be too much of a stretch to use a tune that adds 80hp/80 tq to a Fusion Sport, I would think the transmission should hold up to those additions with out too much trouble. Unless they are using a "beefier" version, the Lincoln web site shows the same transmission across the board for the 2.0 up to the 3.0. Just my observation, maybe some else has more info.
That's what I was thinking, a modded sport shouldn't have to worry about tranny issues if its the same.

·
Registered
529 Posts
That price tag though, you can get it up to 63,000 dollars?! And I thought a 40K+ Fusion was a waste of money. Come on now, who is going to buy a Lincoln for that much when you can get an Audi/Jaguar/BMW that not only performs better, but also looks better and holds its value better.
This.

Don't get me wrong, love supporting the American autos. I purchased my FuSpo becaus of two BIG reasons; 1) Price for performance and features 2) My satisfaction with my last Fusion.

However, If I had 55 to 65k to spend on a car, that opens up the floodgates for some of the nicer euro sedans.

I haven't been a huge fan of the Lincoln brand all together. The lack of luxury refinement and separation from Ford cars, up until the newly release Continental, has been very apparent.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've lost some respect for C&D in the past few weeks. Testing any turbo on regular fuel is absurd. They also claimed in the review of the Fusion Sport that it's FWD until it detects wheel slip.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've lost some respect for C&D in the past few weeks. Testing any turbo on regular fuel is absurd. They also claimed in the review of the Fusion Sport that it's FWD until it detects wheel slip.
It would seem like good practice to use the manufacturers recommended fuel. I know Edmunds.com has a pretty extensive description of their test practices available online; I'll have to check and see if Car and Driver has something similar, and if there is a rationale for using 87 octane. I think the AWD and other factual issues could possibly be Ford's fault. They have been terrible at getting information out on the Sport. This might not seem like a big deal, but I'm sure it has cost them some sales. I've seen several comments to the tune of "basically a FWD car which is a deal killer for me."

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've seen several comments to the tune of "basically a FWD car which is a deal killer for me."
It's hard for me to chew on this.

I don't feel it is "basically a FWD car". The car delivers great power balance to all wheels when NEEDED. The remainder of the time it operates as a FWD car. It's for that reason a car with AWD, 325 hp and 380 lb/ft of torque can make the great MPG drivers are seeing all the while having incredible power a pedal press away. Please note, the higher end of the MPG spectrum comes with extremely conservative driving habits. I can speak from experience with a FuSpo that has 24.6 average MPG over 7300 miles, and I definitely do not baby it. I'm optimistic on the handling and driving experience during the winter months based on the experiences I've had on wet, dry, and gravel roads.

I know you didn't make the comments, so this wasn't a rebuttal towards you, but more of a generalized assertion to persons that will never be satisfied.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's intelligent all-wheel drive. It's definitely nothing like a FWD car. I have a FWD V6 vehicle. My Grand Caravan slips all over the place even when it's dry. It's stupid. You just touch the gas a little to hard and it's wheel slippage. I haven't had any wheel spin on my FS, but I'm only at 560 miles with it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's hard for me to chew on this.

I don't feel it is "basically a FWD car". The car delivers great power balance to all wheels when NEEDED. The remainder of the time it operates as a FWD car. It's for that reason a car with AWD, 325 hp and 380 lb/ft of torque can make the great MPG drivers are seeing all the while having incredible power a pedal press away. Please note, the higher end of the MPG spectrum comes with extremely conservative driving habits. I can speak from experience with a FuSpo that has 24.6 average MPG over 7300 miles, and I definitely do not baby it. I'm optimistic on the handling and driving experience during the winter months based on the experiences I've had on wet, dry, and gravel roads.

I know you didn't make the comments, so this wasn't a rebuttal towards you, but more of a generalized assertion to persons that will never be satisfied.
I completely agree. These comments are typically from purists who are obsessed with various on paper specs that often cannot be discerned from behind the wheel. I had "real" AWD in my Mercedes ML 500, and the driving experience as far as AWD is concerned is essentially the same as the Fusion Sport. You hit the gas, and it goes. It has traction all the time, period. I think people read that it's not a full time AWD system and think that the front wheels need to break loose and start the car into the skid before the computer wakes up and tries to help you, but the reality in the Sport is that everything is seamless. It would be nice if the journalists got it right though.

·
Registered
624 Posts
FWD until it detects wheel slippage? They did drive the car right? I suppose that's usually how they view these AWD cars based on FWD platforms. And these systems are supposed to be able to detect wheel slippage we cannot, and act accordingly in milliseconds. but I still don't feel this is exactly how the Sport works. I mean they built a gauge for you to see where the power is going. It's transitioning way before wheel slippage. Did they not even check all the gauges the car has? Look, 380lbs torque, or over 400 for some, and not even a hint of torque steer. I've worked hard at times to get some wheel spin with traction control off and a pretty good tune, it's darn near impossible. Four wheels are coming into play here more than some, including C&D make it seem. It's not rear wheel drive first, but if anybody's on the fence because they don't want a car that at any time feels like a FWD car they should not be concerned with that in the FuSpo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone know what the technical specs for the 3L TT? Like boost, compression ratio, cam specs anything like that. I'm curious to all the differences between our 2.7 vs this (besides it being .3L bigger)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts