Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be posting pictures shortly. Though my funds are tight I have spent the last few weeks adding a few things already to really make her special to me. I am coming from a Tuxedo Black Focus ST.

I ordered the Steeda Lowering Springs but they sent a set for a standard 2017 and not the fusion so it will be next week before I can get them installed. Steeda has been awesome to deal with and I am really excited to see the car's new stance. Magnetic was not my first choice of color (ruby red or lightning blue), but it is a pretty classy look, and very stealthy on the road.

Completed:
Llumar CTX Ceremic Window Tint (35% front/back/rear window)
Painted Calipers - G2 Paint Kit
Steeda Hood Struts
Stubby Antenna
Led Lights (License Plate/Back Up/Puddle Lamps)
Floor Mats - Cocomats Black with Grey Dots
Stainless Door Sills
Trunk Organizer

Up Next Week
Steeda Lowering Springs
Steeda Rear Sway Bar
Llumar CTX Windshield Clear Tint
Front and Rear Badges - Front/Rear Badges
Start/Volume Button Decal

Down the Road
Engine Tune - TBD after warranty expires
Wheels - at tire replacement, not sure what color/finish or style yet

·
Registered
491 Posts
Careful with those springs, a number of people have had issues. They have deleted their posts here and at 2gfusions that detailed the issues, not because of good resolutions unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Careful with those springs, a number of people have had issues. They have deleted their posts here and at 2gfusions that detailed the issues, not because of good resolutions unfortunately.
Yeah sorry but seeing that whole situation where Steeda called out their own customers then had posts deleted turned me off from dealing with them entirely, especially after them shipping wrong parts for their rushed cold air intake that they won't provide performance stats on. Good luck with your Sport tho, OP! I love the Magnetic - you are exactly right it's very stealthy, especially with the matching wheels and some tints.

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yeah sorry but seeing that whole situation where Steeda called out their own customers then had posts deleted turned me off from dealing with them entirely, especially after them shipping wrong parts for their rushed cold air intake that they won't provide performance stats on. Good luck with your Sport tho, OP! I love the Magnetic - you are exactly right it's very stealthy, especially with the matching wheels and some tints.
I bloody well miss Dave E on here.
His enjoyment of the Sport and our forum was greatly diminished over Steeda's poorly handled responses.
Kiss my butt, Steeda.

I will not have anything to do with these guys, again.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Couple things I've done to my magnetic FFS...

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the red accents in the engine compartment. I will be looking at a few of those things as well. I will post some pictures of what I have done tomorrow.

Still waiting for the door latch and arm covers. Springs will be here Friday and will try and get installed this weekend. Going to attempt myself as the cheapest quote I have gotten is $585 which includes an alignment. Seems high to me.

As for posts being deleted, would the site admins not be the ones responsible, not sure what the issue was/is, as I was not a member then. All I can say is from my experience with Steeda, Randy and Tim have been nothing but responsive to my questions and their shipping and price was great, even when I ordered the wrong springs nor a 2017 non-Sport by mistake.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love CocoMats. They are made just down the road from my and they look great. This is the fifth car I have had them in and it is always one of my first purchases. Adds something unique to the car and the black and gray combination fits the interior perfectly. I highly recommend these guys, they custom make each mat at the time of ordering so it takes a couple of weeks, but the fit is perfect, and they last.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steeda Hood Struts. Installation was quick and simple. This is an upgrade that no one really notices except me, but it adds a little something, in my opinion this should be standard on all cars. My next big project is the engine bay, want to dress it up a little. I will be using red as an accent color on the car. I will have red caps, lettering, and BocaDecals over the blue Ford emblems. Also looking for center caps with red accents as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
G2 Caliper Paint Kit. This was kind of pain in the ass, the front calipers are huge with lots of hard to reach areas. I probably will go back and paint the brake pad clips as it detracts from the overall look, but not sure how the enamel paint will hold up on those flexible pieces. This overall adds a nice little pop of color to the stealthy Magnetic monochromatic color pallet. Not a fan of those blue center caps though, wish Ford would color match them to the wheels with the ford logo like my Focus ST had.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Llumar CTX window tint. Only tinted to 35%, the legal limit in NC. Overall I love it, did all the windows and sunroof (no windshield, though I thought about it). Goes well with the color of the car, and in the summer it is a requirement. This was the first thing I installed the day after I brought her home.

Up next will be the Steeda lowering springs and rear sway bar, they will be delivered tomorrow and I will install them on Saturday if all goes well. After that will be some accent installs. Not pictured are all the LED replacements (license plate, reverse lamps, and puddle lights).

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will be posting pictures shortly. Though my funds are tight I have spent the last few weeks adding a few things already to really make her special to me. I am coming from a Tuxedo Black Focus ST.

I ordered the Steeda Lowering Springs but they sent a set for a standard 2017 and not the fusion so it will be next week before I can get them installed. Steeda has been awesome to deal with and I am really excited to see the car's new stance. Magnetic was not my first choice of color (ruby red or lightning blue), but it is a pretty classy look, and very stealthy on the road.

Completed:
Llumar CTX Ceremic Window Tint (35% front/back/rear window)
Painted Calipers - G2 Paint Kit
Steeda Hood Struts
Stubby Antenna
Led Lights (License Plate/Back Up/Puddle Lamps)
Floor Mats - Cocomats Black with Grey Dots
Stainless Door Sills
Trunk Organizer

Up Next Week
Steeda Lowering Springs
Steeda Rear Sway Bar
Llumar CTX Windshield Clear Tint
Front and Rear Badges - Front/Rear Badges
Start/Volume Button Decal

Down the Road
Engine Tune - TBD after warranty expires
Wheels - at tire replacement, not sure what color/finish or style yet

If you have any questions during install or if you need additional support ... don't hesitate to let us know.

TJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Installed my Steeda Springs. Installation was pretty simple, I was able to remove the front struts easily, unfortunately I did not have an impact wrench or a tool to remove the top strut nut so I dropped off at my local shop and they compressed and swapped the springs for me for $40 and it took about half an hour. Amazing what having the right tools can do. The rears where very easy 2 Torx bolts, and 2 24mm chassis bolts to drop the subframe, and 2 18 mm bolts to release the top shock mount.

Total time was just under 3 hours and that included waiting for the spring swap. Overall very pleased with Steeda, the product, and the overall look of the car now that it is lowered. Total drop was just under an inch, had the car aligned this morning, and it was out in the toes but the cambers were all still within spec. Also put on my Bocodecal badge overlays. Not sure If I like the red or not, but I will see how I feel after its been on the car for a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Why did they delete those post? That's not right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As I said previously I can't speak about what was said or deleted as I was not a member then. I can only speak to my experience with Steeda and their products. The communication and customer service was awesome. Randy and TJ were quick and helpful. The springs and instructions are exactly the drop I wanted. Had no issues with installation and so far no problems after the install. I would recommend the product and Steeda with no reservations.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I like Dave e. He's cool. But shouldn't be allowed to pull stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts