Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a piece of the driver's side door handle was missing, picture attached. I don't see any signs of forced removal... no scratches, dents, nothing. It doesn't make sense to me.

Are these known to fall off?

Earlier today I was at the grocery store and headed straight home afterwards, but I didn't notice it at the store and I know I would have. Later I went out to the car and saw this:

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Noticed a piece of the driver's side door handle was missing, picture attached. I don't see any signs of forced removal... no scratches, dents, nothing. It doesn't make sense to me.

Earlier today I was at the grocery store and headed straight home afterwards, but I didn't notice it at the store and I know I would have. Later I went out to the car and saw this:

Hi Duhamel. It pops off to allow access to the emergency key hole. They are pretty securely attached and not known to fall off on their own. Unfortunately, it is possible, and more likely, that someone stole it. :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mine popped off in a parking lot earlier in the year. I heard it when entering the car and didn't know what it was. I opened the door back up and looked out and didn't see anything so I drove off. It wasn't till I got home that I noticed it missing and realized that was the sound I heard. I dove back to where it came off and couldn't find it. It was a busy parking lot so I'm sure someone just picked it up. I had a body shop paint match a new one for the ridiculously high price of $160usd. I was tempted to just leave it unpainted ($13usd). Oh well...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine popped off in a parking lot earlier in the year. I heard it when entering the car and didn't know what it was. I opened the door back up and looked out and didn't see anything so I drove off. It wasn't till I got home that I noticed it missing and realized that was the sound I heard. I dove back to where it came off and couldn't find it. It was a busy parking lot so I'm sure someone just picked it up. I had a body shop paint match a new one for the ridiculously high price of $160usd. I was tempted to just leave it unpainted ($13usd). Oh well...
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if it fell off or someone took it off. I was in a busy parking lot, and for the most part trust my parking spot, so it was a bit of a mystery.

$160USD? Ouch. I'm thinking of hitting up some junk yards to see if I can luck out and find a black one from a '17-'18.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The little locking tabs that hold that piece on were broken on my car too. I'm guessing is an issue from the factory - someone looped a ton of scotch tape and pressed it on. It was flopping around in the cold and I caught it before it fell off thankfully. I got the dealer to order a new piece under warranty but they need painted unless you find one used!

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

The auto shop took mine off to get into my car as the key battery died they didnt put it back on right so it fell off and was run over I got a replacement it has come off a few times lucky for me I found it Im about to glue it on. I have a 2013 fusion and I hate it wish I never bought it so many things, minor have fallen off such as a letter from the word fusion the clip for visor the trim on side back window and the spring off the handle above back set door, I treat my car like my baby so the fact that **** kept falling off in the first year made me hate the car even more. so will be going back to Toyota. My key cover fell off yesterday again so crazy glue is where I am at.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts