Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Miss my Sport

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  RockinZ28 
#1 ·
Been on a business trip since Tuesday last week. Have been driving around a pretty base model Nissan Altima rental. So slow, and cannot find a comfortable seat position. Driven over 1k miles so far all over Southern California. Canyons north of L.A. all the way to cruising along the coast in San Diego. All places I'd love to have my Sport, and plenty of other cars to play around with too out here.

Be so glad to be back in my Sport Thursday. Might even be happier to see it than the wife :D.

#3 ·
Been on a business trip since Tuesday last week. Have been driving around a pretty base model Nissan Altima rental. So slow, and cannot find a comfortable seat position. Driven over 1k miles so far all over Southern California. Canyons north of L.A. all the way to cruising along the coast in San Diego. All places I'd love to have my Sport, and plenty of other cars to play around with too out here.

Be so glad to be back in my Sport Thursday. Might even be happier to see it than the wife :D.
I know what you mean. When I'm not with my car for a certain period of time, there's no better feeling than coming home and spending some good ol' quality time. The misses can come later on lol

#4 ·
I had the same feeling... took a camping trip up north near the Sand Dunes/M22 area with the wife for her birthday. Got to drive the Sierra which was pulling our camper. Sierra is a sweet truck, but just didn't give me the jollies my FuSpo does.

The whole time I was driving M22 and the surrounding country roads, I was thinking about how the FuSpo would handle.... My wife caught me day dreaming a bit :crying:

As soon as we got home and unloaded the trailer and truck... I hopped in and took her out for a spin. All was right with the world again.

#5 ·
Hit a raccoon and broke my bumper last month, and it's being replaced this week. I'm driving a Chevy Cruze LT rental. It's pretty much the furthest thing from the FuSpo in the compact/mid-size market. I'm absolutely miserable.

#9 ·
Not sure where to put this, but since I shared my raccoon story, I'll add it here. The collision center is having a hard time getting body parts. The bumper cover came in on schedule, but the underbody aero, fog light, and some other hardware have been on order for two weeks and are still "3 days" away. So be careful out there, or you'll be stuck driving a Cruze LT. Fortunately, my friend loaned me his '08 S4 so I'm driving that.

Reactions: RockinZ28 and 1153
This post has been deleted
#17 ·
GM has pulled out of the rental fleet game. There may still be some lingering cars at certain rental places as this change just went into place last year.

That said, most times I've rented a "luxury" level car I ended up with a Chrysler 300 or Buick LaCrosse. Very rare instances did I get into a Cadillac.

The brand new LaCrosse redesign is really really nice. Interior is starting to resemble European design more. Also, that 3.6L they put in the Impala and LaCrosse is no slouch.

#18 ·
Ended up with a Challenger. Just the crappy v6 version. Car choice was disappointing. Probably would have went with the Buick, but was only one there and someone was already in it.

Think I F'd up too because my Chase Reserve card gives me Emerald Club Executive status with National, which lets you get a nicer car just by booking a midsize. They did say I could take any car they had, except the Caddy ATS :crying:

#20 ·
Ugh, pray for my Sport. Had to extend my current business trip. Wife was out visiting family at the same time, but flew back home today. So I told her she could drive it home from the airport. Already called me asking me where the brake was, cause it won't start and it keeps telling her to push the brake to start. Then couldn't get the parking brake off...I should have used Uber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.