Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at 2016's that are on clearance, mainly awd titaniums until I stumbled upon this site. My current ride is a 14 Mustang GT with a VMP SC and its at 600rwhp. This is my second 600hp mustang, but the time has come for me go back into a 4 door and a car I can drive year around. I'm getting tired of driving my beater in the winter along with upkeep and insurance.

Looks like the sport has decent power, plenty of room and the awd will suit my needs in the winter. Not to mention much better MPG. I think with tuning and few mods it will dive deep into the low 13s and that's not bad for a family sedan.
Time for me to read some more threads.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ive been looking at 2016's that are on clearance, mainly awd titaniums until I stumbled upon this site.
I drove a '16 Titanium AWD on a slushy day back in February, just before I saw the Sport at the auto show. I really liked it, but there have been other upgrades for '17 that factored in -- SYNC 3 and some of the new driver's aids that I consider a window the future (ACC is very impressive). Add in a few more weeks and a few more dollars, and the Sport is in my garage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking at some left over 17's and now used units. The base car seems like its missing something for a new car.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah, you see the little 4" screen ones and you're like "come on, this is 2018, my phone has a bigger screen than this!" So glad I got 401a.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yeah, you see the little 4" screen ones and you're like "come on, this is 2018, my phone has a bigger screen than this!" So glad I got 401a.

My opinion is no one should be looking at their phone and/or using any touch screen while driving.
At least with buttons, you know where each one is after getting used to car.

Even with small screen in center of dash, that you have to scroll through multiple menus,
is way too much time not looking at road. At least all that stuff is not "primary", for
general heating/cooling/radio.................

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bigger the screen, larger the touch buttons are = safer driving since you have a larger area to touch.

·
Registered
563 Posts
since you have a larger area to touch.[/QUOTE]

Standing by for comments...3...2...1.....>:)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Bigger the screen, larger the touch buttons are = safer driving since you have a larger area to touch.
You mean once you stare at screen to figure out which menu you are on.
I guess if screen was big enough to have everything on only one screen,
but then it would like like an ugly Tesla dash.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You mean once you stare at screen to figure out which menu you are on.
I guess if screen was big enough to have everything on only one screen,
but then it would like like an ugly Tesla dash.
The majority of things can be done via the steering wheel controls on the two dash screens.

For things that can't, voice command works

I just wish that when using Android Auto it would send Nav information to the dash screen as well.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Looking at some left over 17's and now used units. The base car seems like its missing something for a new car.
It's missing something alright, it's missing a $2,000 increase in price!

Reactions: Pinky023

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It's missing something alright, it's missing a $2,000 increase in price!
Yeah, it's shame that my next new car (maybe in 23) will probably
be at least 10 grand more to get the same perf as the Sport.
Unlikely it will be a ford, as ford won't even sell sedans by then.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I keep telling myself the Sport is going to be the last new car I'll buy, since I'll be closing in on retirement in a couple of years. Most likely won't be putting too many miles on it, since I have three vehicles right now, and plan on keeping them all. The Sport and Spider Abarth are garage queens, and the Tundra is the daily driver. Plenty of Fusions around, as well as the 2.7 Ecoboost, so maintenance and parts shouldn't be an issue for the car's longevity.

So unless I win the lottery or a wealthy relative passes away, that Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio is just going to have to wait, lol...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts