Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to kick off a thread for those FuSpo owners living in Michigan... I've seen a spattering of them on the local roads.

I'll kick it off.... Live in Howell/Brighton area... Work at cough cough GM cough cough... Went to EMU... Spartan through and through - Go Green!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dexter MI, work in Ann Arbor. Ive seen a red Fusion Sport several times now around State street and Ellsworth. Wondering if its someone on here.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Adrian, work for a school district. Ordered 8/15, delivery mid October. I think we should have a meeting in H*ll Michigan. Could be fun.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's crazy. I live 10 miles south of Adrian and work for a lending institution in Adrian. As a rural real estate appraiser I cover all of SE Michigan but mostly areas north of A Arbor and a lot of our borrowers are in the Howell/Brighton area, in addition to Dexter. I'm going to Howell tomorrow to look at a horse farm in fact. I'm kind of an imposter tho- I'm still driving a last gen FuSpo but will likely buy a '17 in the year or so- I still like my car too much. I'll be looking for you guys up there and def "Iskarha". I see they finally got a black One at Knapp (Bell). I've seen a few '17s in Toledo and one in A Arbor. I'll be looking.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adrian, work for a school district. Ordered 8/15, delivery mid October. I think we should have a meeting in H*ll Michigan. Could be fun.
H E double hockey sticks would be a cool place. There are some fun roads out that way.

I'm sure at some point we'll be getting some meet ups going.

I've seen a blue sport at island lake mountain bike trailhead a few times.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Brownstown MI here(s. Wayne County) work in Detroit. Lightning Blue Sport. Seen many Sports at the local dealers but curiously haven't seen one on the road. Maybe I'm driving to fast/enjoying mine to much to notice any other cars. Took delivery on July 22nd.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Just wanted to kick off a thread for those FuSpo owners living in Michigan... I've seen a spattering of them on the local roads.

I'll kick it off.... Live in Howell/Brighton area... Work at cough cough GM cough cough... Went to EMU... Spartan through and through - Go Green!
Lived in the area as a child.

I get the go green, but what's up with Spartan, thought you were an Eagle? Lol

I'm one of the rare michiganders that supports both Sparty and the wolverines having no personal affiliation with either and lots of family at both.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lived in the area as a child.

I get the go green, but what's up with Spartan, thought you were an Eagle? Lol

I'm one of the rare michiganders that supports both Sparty and the wolverines having no personal affiliation with either and lots of family at both.
Dad and brother went to MSU, so I just grew up supporting em.

The wife is a wolverine.... needless to say we don't talk much during football season... haha

·
Registered
624 Posts
Anybody heard of American Gumball Rally?
Just asking in this link because their next rally is in MI the weekend of Oct 8/9th. Their based in mi but have rallies all over the country throughout the year. Not sure if they have any slots left for this northern mi rally. I've never participated, but sounds like something that folks like us would enjoy. most seem to come with track time, sometimes strip, others roadcourse. Met some folks affiliated with them at the autorama. Google them if your interested. If anyone has done a rally or goes on one soon you've gotta report back to us!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anybody heard of American Gumball Rally?
Just asking in this link because their next rally is in MI the weekend of Oct 8/9th. Their based in mi but have rallies all over the country throughout the year. Not sure if they have any slots left for this northern mi rally. I've never participated, but sounds like something that folks like us would enjoy. most seem to come with track time, sometimes strip, others roadcourse. Met some folks affiliated with them at the autorama. Google them if your interested. If anyone has done a rally or goes on one soon you've gotta report back to us!
I have heard of the Gumball Rally... interested in the event on the 8th/9th.

I've got a buddy that recently ventured up to Waterford Hills Raceway in Waterford, MI and did a track day there. He said it was an incredible day. He's got a tricked out VW GDI. They have some open track days left on the calendar for this year.

Check out Waterford Hills Raceway

I've never been on the track with a car, but I have raced on it more times than I can count on a bicycle...:D

·
Registered
624 Posts
I learned of the Waterford Hills raceway at the autorama as well. Was intrigued. Also of interest to me is the Michigan Gumball rally for next year. I actually past cars participating in it this year in the middle of nowhere on the west side of the state. Absolute perfect for a rally. They were on their way to Gingerman raceway just outside of South Haven mi(on Shores of Lake Michigan). All sounds like a great experience. A little on the pricey side to participate though. The upcoming fall color rally next month is more reasonable but does include less I suspect, but does include track time at a dragway and hotel. It starts in Houghton Lake I think. Would be a rally for us just to get there. Maybe that would just add to the fun though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also live in Brighton,MI. I'm the owner of the lightening blue Fusion Sport you have seen at the Island Lake Trailhead.

I grew up in and went to Wisconsin, but have lived in Brighton for almost ten years. I'm an engineer at a Automotive plastics supplier. We make parts for all the OEM's.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also live in Brighton,MI. I'm the owner of the lightening blue Fusion Sport you have seen at the Island Lake Trailhead.

I grew up in and went to Wisconsin, but have lived in Brighton for almost ten years. I'm an engineer at a Automotive plastics supplier. We make parts for all the OEM's.
I literally did a slow roll by your car admiring its beauty.

Well, if you ever see a black sport it's me. I'm usually out there a few times a week riding road and/or trail.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I learned of the Waterford Hills raceway at the autorama as well. Was intrigued. Also of interest to me is the Michigan Gumball rally for next year. I actually past cars participating in it this year in the middle of nowhere on the west side of the state. Absolute perfect for a rally. They were on their way to Gingerman raceway just outside of South Haven mi(on Shores of Lake Michigan). All sounds like a great experience. A little on the pricey side to participate though. The upcoming fall color rally next month is more reasonable but does include less I suspect, but does include track time at a dragway and hotel. It starts in Houghton Lake I think. Would be a rally for us just to get there. Maybe that would just add to the fun though.
I think I may see if there is any interest for a FuSpo Gumball Rally team in Michigan for one of the events next year. I unfortunately can't make the fall dates.

I'm also going to gear up for a few open track days at Waterford next year. Gives me some time to invest in some wheels and rubber for the track.

·
Registered
405 Posts
H E double hockey sticks would be a cool place. There are some fun roads out that way.

I'm sure at some point we'll be getting some meet ups going.

I've seen a blue sport at island lake mountain bike trailhead a few times.
**** Michigan is kinda dumb TBH. Its not even a real city/town, just a name a guy decided to call his own property. So many better places to meet up. Also I know the roads out in Dexter, ****, Chelsea, Gregory, Stockbridge, like the back of my hand.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
**** Michigan is kinda dumb TBH. Its not even a real city/town, just a name a guy decided to call his own property. So many better places to meet up. Also I know the roads out in Dexter, ****, Chelsea, Gregory, Stockbridge, like the back of my hand.
I don't disagree that the town is lame.... It was more for the country roads. I've been all over Hamburg, Pinckney, Chelsea, Dexter, and the like.

Chelsea has a pretty good coffee shop that makes a killer scone... It could be on of those driving glove, tea and scone type of euro-esque meet ups :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't disagree that the town is lame.... It was more for the country roads. I've been all over Hamburg, Pinckney, Chelsea, Dexter, and the like.

Chelsea has a pretty good coffee shop that makes a killer scone... It could be on of those driving glove, tea and scone type of euro-esque meet ups :D
Zu Zus rocks . I go there almost weekly. And roads in Dexter-he!! Are some of the best around. I'm amazed at how well the old Fuspo handles them

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zu Zus rocks . I go there almost weekly. And roads in Dexter-he!! Are some of the best around. I'm amazed at how well the old Fuspo handles them
I'm jealous... Me and a few buddies used to ride our bicycles from Brighton to Chelsea and back just for the scones and coffee.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts