Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I helped my buddy detail his 2013 Fusion Titanium. His exhaust tips were hurting pretty bad, and he wanted to restore the new chrome shine.

We used Chemical Guys Heavy Metal polish and microfiber applicator pads by hand. Left side is how they were, right side is after we restored them.

Attachments

Reactions: Oreo

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
I've had good luck with just 'Bug & Tar' remover on our Titanium when we still had it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have to clean my wife's 2013 Titanium's fairly regularly. This last time I sprayed them with a hi-temp clear coating to see if this will slow down the exhaust build-up. I'll let you know in 4-6 months.

Reactions: Knightfall

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
I saw Ford started doing that on the new Explorer Sports. It seems to be working, I see a fair amount of the new Explorer Sports around my area and they don't look dirty at all. I'm interested in if your idea works, I'd like to try the same on our '16 Escape 2.0

·
Registered
49 Posts
Update on clear coating the Titanium's exhaust tips- Unfortunately it did not prevent carbon build-up as it was just as bad as ever. It might have been a little easier to clean. I will try toothpaste next time.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I used tarn-x. Had it laying around and used it. Works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts