Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share in case someone else was considering getting one of the McGard wheel installation kits. I bought the black spline lugs with locks. Was very impressed with the parts themselves but when I installed one of the lugs, they stick out about 3/4". Wasn't impressed so they are going back. Prefer the flush look and save myself $220. Here's some pics.

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
I kind of like the black. I've been thinking about ordering a set myself, especially since I've been looking into a set of black Ford wheels. I have a set of their regular-sized "bulge" lugs on my '10 Focus and those stick out a little bit more than usual, too (maybe half way between OEM and these ones you posted).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thought I'd share in case someone else was considering getting one of the McGard wheel installation kits. I bought the black spline lugs with locks. Was very impressed with the parts themselves but when I installed one of the lugs, they stick out about 3/4". Wasn't impressed so they are going back. Prefer the flush look and save myself $220. Here's some pics.

Mine came with a set of McGard that the dealer installed. I didn't ask for them, but I'm okay with them. They are zinc plated and are about 1/4" longer than stock. Cost $37 at Canadian Tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Local dealer uses Gorilla locking lugs, they blend in perfectly fine. However, they start to develop rust within 1-2 winter seasons. The McGard's on my girlfriend's Malibu have handled 5+ winter seasons without any rust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts