Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
That motor is decent. It's in the 6 as well. I think with Mazdas smooth transmissions it should be a nice car.

It's definitely smaller but also lighter.

·
Registered
72 Posts
One more point.. the Kia K5 GT will complete hard with this. Especially considering the 8 speed gearbox and larger interior.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Seems like a downgrade to me. I think if I were going smaller, I'd for FoRS. A G70 Sport would be a more likely move for me, though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Could be my next car if/when. I like the fact it's about 6-700 lb lighter than Sport, with almost same size engine.
Probably doesn't spool as well with single turbo though.

OX1,
I have been looking at it, they say it is fast from the start down low but looses power after 5,000 rpm's. I have not driven it yet but the 3 was always kind of choppy as it has a short wheel base. I bet it is louder inside than the Fusion Sport. I saw video of it racing the WRX with CVT and golf R. The 3 beat the CVT WRX but lost to the Golf R. They did 2 races about a quarter mile from dead stop and then one on the roll, I also saw from the same guys who did the same races with the 2.0T accord, the Mazda 6 turbo and the TRD 3.5 V6. The Accord won both races. The TRD was second. From the dead stop the accord beat the TRD pretty solid. On a roll the TRD got closer but still lost. The TRD should win but the 8 speed tranny lets the car down.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Seems like a downgrade to me. I think if I were going smaller, I'd for FoRS. A G70 Sport would be a more likely move for me, though.
Bot_Rocket, I like the G70 better than the Stinger but to get the 3.3 motor it is about $5,000 more than the Stinger GT.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might be OK with smaller. Wheel base is still 3 inches longer than my older fullsize bronco, so
not sure it's going to be that horrible.

I think many are spoiled by these really long wheelbases that everything seems to have now.
Some car wheelbases are approaching what single cab shortbed pickups used to be (like in early 80's,
I think F150 shortbed was 117"ish).

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Bot_Rocket, I like the G70 better than the Stinger but to get the 3.3 motor it is about $5,000 more than the Stinger GT.
It's also a much nicer car than the Stinger from what I can tell.

I might be OK with smaller. Wheel base is still 3 inches longer than my older fullsize bronco, so
not sure it's going to be that horrible.

I think many are spoiled by these really long wheelbases that everything seems to have now.
Some car wheelbases are approaching what single cab shortbed pickups used to be (like in early 80's,
I think F150 shortbed was 117"ish).
For me it has a lot more to do with the lack of power compared to the Sport than it does the size of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
It's hard to dispute the awesomeness of the G70. Not only does it have a bigger, more powerful engine, RWD engine orientation, and 8 speed gearbox, but according to the owner of the one I raced, you can actually control how much power is sent to the front wheels so you can actually drift if you so please.

Granted, it's a lot more money at around 54k, but I bet a slightly used G70 3.3t Sport should be able to be had for the price a new Sport.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's hard to dispute the awesomeness of the G70. Not only does it have a bigger, more powerful engine, RWD engine orientation, and 8 speed gearbox, but according to the owner of the one I raced, you can actually control how much power is sent to the front wheels so you can actually drift if you so please.

Granted, it's a lot more money at around 54k, but I bet a slightly used G70 3.3t Sport should be able to be had for the price a new Sport.
What's the weight on those things? I really like the idea of something that is a little more tossable (even if less power stock, it is 6-700 lbs lighter also).
Granted if they keep letting me work @ home, I may never need new car again. Have done only 5K miles since march.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Im finding from 3700-4000lbs for the G70 3.3t.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Here are the specs for the G70 3.3t

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Granted if they keep letting me work @ home, I may never need new car again. Have done only 5K miles since march.
Yep. I've put probably less than 100 miles on my FFS since March. I miss driving but there's nowhere to go and I just haven't taken it out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thread bump, because I got a 2.5 Turbo two weeks ago. Only 300 miles so far but I'm really impressed. Mazda is going after the A3 instead of the Stinger with this car. It's nine inches shorter and two inches narrower than the Sport, rides like a smaller car. 250 ponies and 310 tourqies, weighing more than 600 lbs less than the Sport, it's a blast to drive.

This thing priced within a grand of the Sport I got 4.5 years ago, and it's loaded - heads up display, heated steering wheel, every safety feature imaginable. It lacks a few things (passenger seat is manual adjust, no fog lights), but overall I'm happy. I loved the Sport and will miss it, but I'm worry free with issues for a while now.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thread bump, because I got a 2.5 Turbo two weeks ago. Only 300 miles so far but I'm really impressed. Mazda is going after the A3 instead of the Stinger with this car. It's nine inches shorter and two inches narrower than the Sport, rides like a smaller car. 250 ponies and 310 tourqies, weighing more than 600 lbs less than the Sport, it's a blast to drive.

This thing priced within a grand of the Sport I got 4.5 years ago, and it's loaded - heads up display, heated steering wheel, every safety feature imaginable. It lacks a few things (passenger seat is manual adjust, no fog lights), but overall I'm happy. I loved the Sport and will miss it, but I'm worry free with issues for a while now.
Congratulations @ergoman ! I hope you enjoy many trouble-free years and miles of fun with your new car. :cool:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like the 3 a lot as well. But... with a newborn on my hands, I'm happy with the added interior space, smooth ride, and quietness of my Sport. If they had this version of the Mazda out when I got my Ford, I probably would've gotten that instead though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts