Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Massive hail storm rolled through this morning as we were getting ready to go to my son's football game. Golf ball sized hail. The house took a beating, and so did both of the Fusions. The 2010 has a busted windshield and is textured like a golf ball. The 2017 is beat to crap as well, but no broken glass. Lost some paint on the 2017 as well. So that's what mother nature did to my Fusion Sports today.

·
Registered
101 Posts
**** that sucks. Hope you have some good insurance.

Glad I'm out of that area, couple times at work there were hail forecasts. Left and took my car back home to the garage. Coworker was the opposite. He wanted to get his car totaled with hail for insurance money, and would seek hail storms. And he actually succeeded lol.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear that. I got lucky few weeks ago and just missed the storm at my house. My forester got nailed bad, so did my buddies BMW.. I saw on the weather channel Nebraska was getting grape fruit size hail. Thats 🥜

·
Registered
103 Posts
We got hit by a massive hail storm 11 years ago. Both cars were in the garage, but it did around $22,000 in damage to the house.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Sorry to hear and I hope it goes smooth for you. Look at it this way, a new roof for your house will be coming your way.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Massive hail storm rolled through this morning as we were getting ready to go to my son's football game. Golf ball sized hail. The house took a beating, and so did both of the Fusions. The 2010 has a busted windshield and is textured like a golf ball. The 2017 is beat to crap as well, but no broken glass. Lost some paint on the 2017 as well. So that's what mother nature did to my Fusion Sports today.
I kind of want to see pictures and kind of don't.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I kind of want to see pictures and kind of don't.
Here's a few, it's dark out, so they didn't turn out well, but you can see some of the bigger ones and the paint damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Wow. The hail hit hard enough to give a big dimple the caused a crease which stressed the paint to crack and chip away. I hope the insurance takes care of you, have you got any estimates yet?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The adjuster came out yesterday to look at all 3 cars. He said he won't have an estimate until next week, due to all the claims filed in the area. He said that the estimate would probably be pretty high, and get bigger once the car is seen in a body shop. He found a crack on the back window that I missed. He did say that we would only have to cover one deductible since all three cars and the house were damaged by a single event.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had some pretty bad hail damage similar to that on my truck a few years ago. I want to say it was estimated at around $1300 damage. Considering my truck was an offroading/hunting truck and already slightly beat up looking I ended up just pocketing the cash after covering the deductible.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got the estimate from the insurance company. $4500 for the 2017 Sport, $2700 for the 2010 Sport, and $3000 for my wife's mini-van.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got my car back today. Jumped in to the car to see the System off to save battery message. Ugh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts