Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tinkering and this is what I came up with. Not a long term mod by any means but I don't see any negative and sounds good. The pic is just showing the bungee straps the YOUTUBE LINK is better quality.
here's the link. It's very short but I can elaborate more if need be later on my phone was about to die.

Actually I tried to upload a picture and youtube link and it won't let me since I don't have enough posts yet...
:(

Lets try this.... combine the link manually by back spacing and copy pasting

ht
tps://ww
w.youtube.com
/watch?v=pPBpbNzTTcc[/url]

Attachments

Reactions: G82FS

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the upload assistance DaveE.
The upper air-box lid is secured to the filter. I removed the entire lower portion of the air-box by removing one forward mounted horizontal screw, the intake scoop, and a swift gentle pull up. Then I reinstalled the intake scoop, the top air-box lid (with the sensor attached) and filter.

Reactions: 1153

·
Banned
249 Posts
It looks horrible, but it's going to give you the sound you want. For what its worth, the snorkel is ineffective and you can actually just take it out also. The snorkel pulls air from a close off portion of the bumper. I removed my snorkel like, 500 miles ago, my IAT temps rose all of 3-5 degrees so the snorkel is really ineffective at pulling "cold" air

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it looks like trash, (like I said in the video, not for showing off but it sounds good.) As soon as a company offers an intake, I'll order it.

Reactions: jnhalstead and 1153

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you post a audio or video clip letting us know how it sounds? I think this was a great idea just was wondering about the sound before going through the trouble of taking out the airbag. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts