Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly....less than 3 months into my FFS I've backed out a "mildly" steep driveway and dragged the front bumper. Now I've got big, quite visible, scraps along the lower left front panel.

I'm going to get it fixed, but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any type of aftermarket (FFS specific or otherwise) "guard" to keep the same thing from happening again?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sadly....less than 3 months into my FFS I've backed out a "mildly" steep driveway and dragged the front bumper. Now I've got big, quite visible, scraps along the lower left front panel.

I'm going to get it fixed, but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any type of aftermarket (FFS specific or otherwise) "guard" to keep the same thing from happening again?
Nothing "specific" I've seen yet. I'm sure the 2017 bumper is a bit different than previous model years due to the LED lights.

Can look into something like this - Foam Rubber 2.5m Cars Front Bumper Lip Splitter Spoiler Chin Lip Skirt Protector | eBay This is just an example... you'd have to measure it first.

Honestly, that's probably the first thing that's going to get scraped up. With my previous car, I just got some touch up paint and went to town to make it look as good as possible. Not perfect, but saves hundreds of dollars. Potentially because I know it's bound to happen again sooner or later

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, I had this problem with my car on the driveway to my work since I bought the car. I decided to get an All Fit Lip for the car. It looks pretty good overall and it has prevented anymore scratches. I have had it for a few months and it has held up pretty well.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eco -

That looks pretty good....I think I'll give it a try (once I get my bumper fixed).

Did you install it with the screws, or stick-on only?

Hard to tell from the picture, is that the black or dark gray?

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll bet it makes your wallet lighter, but if you contact anything with the bumper cover, that guard will get torn off and your bumper cover will still get scratched.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts