Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about 9 months since I got rid of my Fusion. If you have gotten a new (to you) 2018, black, Fusion, feel free to reply or DM me with the last few Vin and we can see. There's a lottery chance you got mine. I turned it in with upgraded turbos and downpipes. Just thought it'd be fun to see if someone in the community ends up with it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think it was purchased on Carmax in December. If that narrows it down. Hopefully it's one of you!

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's been about 9 months since I got rid of my Fusion. If you have gotten a new (to you) 2018, black, Fusion, feel free to reply or DM me with the last few Vin and we can see. There's a lottery chance you got mine. I turned it in with upgraded turbos and downpipes. Just thought it'd be fun to see if someone in the community ends up with it.
By the wording you used above "got rid" it sounds like you did not like your FS.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the wording you used above "got rid" it sounds like you did not like your FS.
I mean, I have like 700 posts, lead the way for most mods, pretty sure I liked it. It was a lease, not sure what else to say. Onwards and upwards.

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
@DetroitFS How’s the Explorer ST treating you?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not comparable. It's a dream. Better in every way imo. Sub 12s for like 1500. I dynod 520 wheel. It's a violent machine that comforts you while you get 11mpg lol. I smoke 392s with all my tools loaded lol. Mustang GT e85 tuned, camaro ss with exhaust, porsche cayman, etc. it's been fun. Got lots of go pro footage. Might start a channel just work so much.

Reactions: Shawnski

·
Registered
632 Posts
I rented an Explorer recently for a few weeks (not an ST). Liked it a lot! Handled nice, all the creature comforts (including cooled seats that actually cooled). For a big 3 row SUV - a very impressive vehicle. I can imagine what it would be like with the ST package.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
While I considered the Explorer ST to replace my Fusion, I decided I want to stick with a car vs. an SUV. I can do that now because we’re long time empty-nesters, and my business vehicle needs are less demanding. My little scare with the oil pressure last week accelerated my plans because I’ve decided to indulge a long-time dream and it’s going to take a while to find the right one, especially in this rotten market…
Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille Car

2015 Audi RS5

Reactions: KCMastaPeace

·
Registered
632 Posts
I went to the Denver Car show before I bought my Fusion. Tried every possible sedan including the Audi's. Just sitting in it - the Audi did not feel right for me. The Fusion did, so that is what I bought. But never drove the Audi, so based entirely on inside look/feel/comfort. I've owned German luxury cars, and a good on can be a great one. Good luck as you start to hunt around.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I went to the Denver Car show before I bought my Fusion. Tried every possible sedan including the Audi's. Just sitting in it - the Audi did not feel right for me. The Fusion did, so that is what I bought. But never drove the Audi, so based entirely on inside look/feel/comfort. I've owned German luxury cars, and a good on can be a great one. Good luck as you start to hunt around.
Part of why it will take a while is I’m not buying one unless I can drive it first. I’ll be doing it the old-fashioned way; traveling to dealers to see for myself. I’m hoping to fall in love with the drive. A close Audi-phile friend who knows me well, believes I will. I hope he’s right because I sure love the outside!

Reactions: ColoradoGuy

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
I love the RS, but if you're into modding/tuning, I think the S is the way to go (if money is an object).

The question for me is 4, 5sb, or 6; and what generation?

Then again, sometimes I think I'd prefer a slightly slower sleeper than a faster car that everyone expects to be faster.

The struggle is real.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
“Then again, sometimes I think I'd prefer a slightly slower sleeper than a faster car that everyone expects to be faster.”

I hear you there! My ‘91 Tbird SuperCoupe was the epitome of that. I feel like the RS5 coupe is the more modern, Germanic version of the SC. A luxurious grand tourer with panache and cache that can rip epic hole shots at traffic lights! The sound of that V8 is just icing on the cake! That V8 and it’s music is frankly the reason I prefer the RS. My friend warned me that while RS models have always strongly held their (somewhat inflated) values, the advent of Green policy will eventually make them pariahs. He knows I keep my cars until they’re nothing but a greasy pile of rust and paint chips so resale isn’t my concern. Actually, at my age, state of health, and proclivities, selling my next car is going to be my estates problem, not mine!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So.. if anyone possibly bought their Fusion Sport around December, you might have one with upgraded turbos and downpipes. Check in.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sorry for the hijack!!

Reactions: DetroitFS

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
He's on here I think, are talking a black one. Just posted a pic of the car, said it's got a lot of mods

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't alter the appearance other than tint. And the only mods I left on the car were downpipe and turbos.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
well for him that might be a lot of mods, LOL

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You'll have to give us a list of all the mods if you want to be a member of the club, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Wojtas

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is what I've found so far. I'll get it on the lift this week and look under it closer.
Vogtland springs
Steeda sway bars front and rear
Steeda adjustable sway bar links front and rear
Steeda strut tower brace
StopTech rotors front and rear
StopTech stainless braided brake hoses f and r
StopTech pads front and rear
CPE intercooler
CPE piping
Steeda cold air
Go Fast Bits diverter
Unknown oil/air separator
Unknown larger throttle body, I will measure it this week
Big Mouth ram air
Magnaflow resonated x-pipe
Magnaflow mufflers
I don't know if there is more or not yet. It runs extremely well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts