Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so aug 1st i put a deposit for them to build a sport .. month later they have no info.

this doesn't sound right, shouldn't they have vin# or order/invoice# , what should i be asking or looking for?

shadow black with everything but moonroof =(

·
Registered
186 Posts
I assume you've looked up the sticker to make sure they got the order right (though after the sticker is created the order can't be changed or cancelled). ETIS will tell you the actual build date, but once it's "in transit" it's harder to track. My dealer was able to tell me that mine was sitting in a nearby rail yard for over a week before they trucked it over.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok so aug 1st i put a deposit for them to build a sport .. month later they have no info.

this doesn't sound right, shouldn't they have vin# or order/invoice# , what should i be asking or looking for?

shadow black with everything but moonroof =(
did you try ford.com site and search your dealer inventory from there. it should say it there then you can click on the and look at sticker and get the vin and date it was built and rail car

·
Registered
186 Posts
did you go to ford.com site n search the dealer inventory
I tried this for a while after I ordered mine, and came up empty. Stopped by the dealer and was told that a customer order will never show up there. [It never did, either on the Ford site or the dealer's site.] They did give me the VIN, so I was able to look up the sticker and verify that the order was correct (it's too late to change it at that point). A week or so later it showed up on ETIS, giving me the actual build date. After that I had to rely on the dealer's updates -- they were able to track its rail journey. The next call was to tell me that it was coming off the truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I tried this for a while after I ordered mine, and came up empty. Stopped by the dealer and was told that a customer order will never show up there. [It never did, either on the Ford site or the dealer's site.] They did give me the VIN, so I was able to look up the sticker and verify that the order was correct (it's too late to change it at that point). A week or so later it showed up on ETIS, giving me the actual build date. After that I had to rely on the dealer's updates -- they were able to track its rail journey. The next call was to tell me that it was coming off the truck.
well I think that depends on how they order. my sales man was idiot sry to say. I was telling him the status on the 1 I ordered they told me as long as the car was still in the process of being built and not shipped I could change it all just not the color. I asked how he never said lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
well I think that depends on how they order.
Probably true. In my case, the sticker says "SPECIAL ORDER" in big bold letters . They may have ordered it into their inventory, earmarking it for you. From what I understand, after the "blend date" (which I think is the date at the bottom of the sticker inside the border), the components to build the car are allocated and the order can't be changed or cancelled. That date is about a week before the actual build date, which will eventually appear on ETIS.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iv checked the dealer stock and nothing shows up , not even one that shows as "dealer ordered"

·
Registered
36 Posts
Iv checked the dealer stock and nothing shows up , not even one that shows as "dealer ordered"
I would be back at the dealer asking them what is up or stopping in and talking to the manager. And then I would be on the phone with ford. GL

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would be back at the dealer asking them what is up or stopping in and talking to the manager. And then I would be on the phone with ford. GL
My dealer ordered my Sport and another one for their inventory on the same day. The cars were built on the same day and were delivered to the dealer on the same truck 8 weeks after they were ordered. Their car showed up (beginning within a couple of weeks of the order) in an inventory search on the Ford web site; mine never did. I was told that's how it works -- custom orders aren't considered "inventory." The dealer had given me the VIN, which allowed me to keep track of it to some extent.

·
Registered
624 Posts
If you aren't getting any answers to your satisfaction, and your willing to private message me the Vin, I should be able to find out where your car is. I know someone on the inside so to speak.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
** Update**

Went back to the dealer and got with the main guy that does the ordering. He could not explain much on how the order cant be located ( at this point I'm thinking maybe order was never done) , so i did the a whole new order with him on the spot and saw on the screen that it was placed.

So patiently waiting 1-2 months.. and hoping my OG 2006 SEL fusion will still be kicking....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Right now it is taking 53 to 66 days (8-10 weeks) for a special order Fusion Sport to the Midwest. I’d have your dealer contact their Field Manager to get your new order set to a higher build priority. It’s not your fault the order was lost.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is why I bought mine and wasted a day of driving to get it. Dealers were "hoping" for 8-12 weeks. Losing an order is unacceptable.

·
Registered
278 Posts
WOW....If it's taking that long for the midwest how long before it gets to the east coast...****, I better order now!!

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
100 Posts
*** Update ***

I am now able to track it on : Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com

2017 Fusion Sport
Ordered On: 09/10/2016

1st box half way progress = In Order Processing

So I'm guessing by xmas/new years delivery lol ??
Mine was ordered on 9/09 and it's in that same 1st box halfway full. I have an estimated delivery of 10/30 to Northern California. I know my build date is on 10/03. Yours should hopefully be around that time frame too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ordered On: 09/10/2016

Estimated Delivery: 11/22/2016

60 days left!!! lol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
oh god... I hope they stick to the timeline they gave me... order processed on the 9-12 estimated delivery 10-9

1 - 20 of 43 Posts