Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***UPDATE***After everyone's insightful comments I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here, I decide to run the VIN Check, as it's the only way to know the car history, I came across this site :Detailed Vehicle History Report For any Vehicle - 100% Accurate and I'm happy I found it cuz it's cheap want to share it with you guys, So I purchased the report and yes I found the auction PICTURES of this vehicle, I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience, All thanks to you guys for your concerned, What do you guys think of the damage and this deal ?

Here is the car report: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/3FA6P0LU2GR356096

Hey Ford Fusion team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2016 Ford Fusion HYBRID, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this Fusion, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $11,400 and it has 78000 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

Car Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi Maicon,

are you sure in 100% that you want a hybrid? Sorry for asking but it depends from our need and expectation from car (low gasoline consumption?) I do not want to say that it is wrong choice (honestly I do not have experience with hybrid ford) but having in mind that you are in FFS forum :) I will suggest to buy Ford Fusion Sport :cool:. I bought also FFS with salvaged title in simillar price.

Why it has salvage title? What will be the aproximatelly cost of repair, etc?

Give us more details please. Do you have a link with offer?

So, my advice is to buy: Ford Fusion Sport :D - take a ride. Compare hybrid with FFS - you will be charmed!

IMHO - do not make a fast decision. All the best with your choice.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hey Ford Fusion team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2016 Ford Fusion HYBRID, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this Fusion, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $11,400 and it has 78000 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Hi Maicon and welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum. My basically blind Internet thoughts: As others have asked...Why is it a Salvage Title? Totaled due to an accident? Flooded? Other? In addition, the interior of that vehicle shows extensive/abnormal wear and tear for a ~6 year old vehicle with 78,000 miles.
And while it can be difficult to tell from a few photos, some of that damage resembles water/flood damage. If that is the case, run away.

My opinion/recommendation would be: I would not recommend a Salvage titled vehicle, especially a Hybrid, to someone without extensive Hybrid automotive skills and patience. If you buy it, expect problems.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, keep us updated and good luck.

Reactions: Maicon

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi Maicon and welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum. My basically blind Internet thoughts: As others have asked...Why is it a Salvage Title? Totaled due to an accident? Flooded? Other? In addition, the interior of that vehicle shows extensive/abnormal wear and tear for a ~6 year old vehicle with 78,000 miles.
And while it can be difficult to tell from a few photos, some of that damage resembles water/flood damage. If that is the case, run away.

My opinion/recommendation would be: I would not recommend a Salvage titled vehicle, especially a Hybrid, to someone without extensive Hybrid automotive skills and patience. If you buy it, expect problems.

Do you have a VIN number? Definitelly check in Carfax.

·
Super Moderator
1,742 Posts
Value-wise, I recommend starting by looking at comparable cars and used-car values in your area? A "deal" in Cali can be overpriced in the mid-west for example.

Keep in mind, you save up front on salvage title vehicles, a lot of the time insurance companies will not even look at you with a salvage title vehicle. And those that will take you often charge more. Look into this for your state at least. Plus, I'm adding to the group saying it highly depends on WHY it was deemed a loss at some point. That's a major factor. Water damage is a guaranteed future nightmare, structural issues that have been repaired on the cheap can easily lead to worse injuries for you if you get in a crash, while something like hail damage affects nothing but appearance - just a few examples.

Judging solely by the picture of the front end you posted, the poor paint job on the hood along with it being a salvage title would cause me to walk away and stop looking any closer. That's for sure a car that's been repaired cheaply and improperly, and I wouldn't trust the work or sellers (again in my opinion).

If the car shows any signs of water damage — run away. The electronics in these cars are finicky on the best of days.
^^This is true for any newer cars honestly. Things work fine once dried out and a module or two are replaced, then years down the road wiring and connectors will start corroding and you're looking at a whole mess of issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ill chime in here. my 2016 titanium is a rebuilt title. I purchased the car from Copart myself. the car needed a rim, a fender and 2 doors. other than that the car was in excellent condition with 42K miles. I was recently involved in an accident, while I was at the body shop getting an estimate I was telling the adjuster the car was rebuilt titled. I told him what it needed and quizzed him a little to find out why a car with bolt on parts was totaled. He explained that a lot of them that have minor damage but are totaled is because there was litigation and part of the settlement may have been that they take the car or total the car. My car now has 80K on it and hasnt missed a beat. I did have the coolant intrusion issue that the 2.0 suffers but it wasnt the end of the world. The car is great to drive and now it has me looking for a FFS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Maicon,

are you sure in 100% that you want a hybrid? Sorry for asking but it depends from our need and expectation from car (low gasoline consumption?) I do not want to say that it is wrong choice (honestly I do not have experience with hybrid ford) but having in mind that you are in FFS forum :) I will suggest to buy Ford Fusion Sport :cool:. I bought also FFS with salvaged title in simillar price.

Why it has salvage title? What will be the aproximatelly cost of repair, etc?

Give us more details please. Do you have a link with offer?

So, my advice is to buy: Ford Fusion Sport :D - take a ride. Compare hybrid with FFS - you will be charmed!

IMHO - do not make a fast decision. All the best with your choice.
Hey, Thanks for your suggestion, the owner said the front has a damage, but he didn't give me details on it, so I bought the car report just to know more details on the damage, I will share it wit you guys, yes I would like to have a car with low gasoline consumption and I never owned a hybrid car before, this will be my first hybrid car. The car is already repaired as shown in the picture. Yes I will surely take your advice on the FFS!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hey, thanks for your concerned, I already bought the car report and I will share it with you guys, I decided not to get this vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After everyone's insightful comments I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here, I decide to run the VIN Check, as it's the only way to know the car history, I came across this site :Detailed Vehicle History Report For any Vehicle - 100% Accurate and I'm happy I found it cuz it's cheap want to share it with you guys, So I purchased the report and yes I found the auction PICTURES of this vehicle, I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience, All thanks to you guys for your concerned, What do you guys think of the damage and this deal ?

Here is the car report: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/3FA6P0LU2GR356096

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dear Maicon,

I am very glad that you did the homework :)!
Airbag has been launched - the price should be much, much lower.

Just to give you a reference point - I imported my FFS to Poland and paid simmilar price with intact airbags.....

Somebody wanted to steal your money...

Now you have to buy FFS :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dear Maicon,

I am very glad that you did the homework :)!
Airbag has been launched - the price should be much, much lower.

Just to give you a reference point - I imported my FFS to Poland and paid simmilar price with intact airbags.....

Somebody wanted to steal your money...

Now you have to buy FFS :cool:
Haha, Yes I think I have to get FFS :LOL:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes, I'm very happy that I joined this amazing forums, thanks to you all 😍
And thanks for sharing the report.

FFS for sale (if you considering to buy damaged car) I can only give you my personal opinion that if I have to decide again, I would buy again on auction:

Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Circle

I bought mine car with very similar damage (Front window, left mirror and roof were complete) I think there is a chance to win the auction ~12.000$ I suppose. The only question is about the engine??

Font Terrestrial plant Number Document Screenshot

I think the cost of total repair should not be very expensive.
You can even check the VIN:

Font Pattern Automotive exterior Brand Flooring

Maybe I will be watching how it ends.

Rectangle Font Eyelash Circle Magenta

·
Registered
79 Posts
Years ago, our daughter bought a Geo Prizm with a salvage title - I told her OK if you are planning on keeping it for a number of years. If you want to sell it in the near future avoid it. She kept the car until about 225,000 miles so it worked out well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts