Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yeah that's a seriously cool setup you've got there. What's the bottom box, power amp? And the tablet up top, is that your Windows tablet, or an Andoid running Android Auto or something?

The only downside is you kind of lose those two center vents, but how much that matters depends on where you are I guess. If it's removable, you could take it off on really hot days anyway probably. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Even with the tablet there you don,t really notice it, still get plenty of air out of them. Nice thing is, they keep the tab cooled. The Tablet is a Microsoft Surface Go 2 with Win 10 pro on it, I can't use any other OS's because of HP, and I'm ok with that. The box is for the processor that runs the system, volume knob for the sub amp, and also lets me choose from 4 different presets for the set up. Think of it as having four different ways your sound is set up. Louder front's. louder rears, EQ changes. The DM-810 is a sweet processor, gives you so much control over the system it's crazy.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Even with the tablet there you don,t really notice it, still get plenty of air out of them. Nice thing is, they keep the tab cooled. The Tablet is a Microsoft Surface Go 2 with Win 10 pro on it, I can't use any other OS's because of HP, and I'm ok with that. The box is for the processor that runs the system, volume knob for the sub amp, and also lets me choose from 4 different presets for the set up. Think of it as having four different ways your sound is set up. Louder front's. louder rears, EQ changes. The DM-810 is a sweet processor, gives you so much control over the system it's crazy.
Very cool! How'd you mount the tablet on there? I was thinking Command Strips or something but I'm not sure how that'd hold up with the heat (especially in the summer), and it wouldn't really be removable. But you've done a very nice install there.

I do like the idea of having the tablet always there though. It'd be really nice to be able to make adjustments out running around. Also would make data logging easier, because lugging a laptop around is a pain so I'm usually using Torque Pro on my phone to do that, but the data rate and options on that aren't as good as the MPVI2.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I use RAM mounts for everything, I,ll get a pic of it later. I ended up having to drill through the dash pad so I could bolt the ball mount to it, but I didnt care.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I use RAM mounts for everything, I,ll get a pic of it later. I ended up having to drill through the dash pad so I could bolt the ball mount to it, but I didnt care.
Watch those airbags! YIKES!! Ha!

·
Registered
9 Posts
"0. Looking to have the absolute most reliability and preserve your warranty on a car that's already fast from factory? Leave it stock.
I know, I know; it's not popular with enthusiasts, but there it is. It's a great choice for a lot of folks. It has to be said."

Thank you for saying it, Engineer. I ran tunes on my race car, and follow all the chats. But I want this car to just run and run. It's fast enough for the little driving I do these days.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
"0. Looking to have the absolute most reliability and preserve your warranty on a car that's already fast from factory? Leave it stock.
I know, I know; it's not popular with enthusiasts, but there it is. It's a great choice for a lot of folks. It has to be said."

Thank you for saying it, Engineer. I ran tunes on my race car, and follow all the chats. But I want this car to just run and run. It's fast enough for the little driving I do these days.
Thanks for the kind words! There's absolutely nothing wrong with running these stock. They're way faster than they need to be, from factory, and you're still going to outrun most of what's out there in traffic if you need to merge or whatever. There's a lot to be said for just wanting the vehicle to last.

I'm actually thinking a lot about that lately with mine, just given all the supply chain nonsense and everything. These cars are really nice, comfortable, fast all around cars that do a lot of things well, and at the moment if anything were to happen to mine I'm not sure it would be easy to find another car that would make me as happy as mine does. I definitely get it!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I haven't owned anything that was stock in over twenty years, but that's just how I roll. There's always room for improvement, and I'm gonna do what I have to in order to get it. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Here's how I mounted mine, now before you go full retard on me. I have another 17 dash for parts, not that I want to change it, LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yeah I think I'd be afraid to tear mine up, but I don't have a spare dash laying around so I have to be more careful 😂

·
Registered
830 Posts
now before you go full retard on me. I have another 17 dash for parts, not that I want to
NEVER go full retard!!! Ha!

• Haha
Reactions: Skipe

·
Registered
462 Posts
Reminds of my 1st car, a 1969 Spitfire. The previous owner had screwed in a CB mic bracket into the wooden dash. lol
If I recall, that was probably the most structurely sound part of that car.
Black Gadget Audio equipment Font Cable

• Haha
Reactions: Vidmo

·
Registered
462 Posts
Makes running gauges and data logging awesome, :)
Very sharp.
Beats the hell out of my wife balancing the laptop on her
lap with her eyes closed.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Very sharp.
Beats the hell out of my wife balancing the laptop on her
lap with her eyes closed.
You're brave, @Flew ! There's no way I'd do pulls with my wife in the car. No way. I'd never hear the end of it. I have to reset my PCM learn after any of:

1. I follow behind her when we take both cars somewhere, or
2. I drive with her in the car, or
3. She drives mine

She's the best thing that ever happened to me, but there's no way I'd ever do pulls with her in the car. ;)

I usually data log on my phone, which is limited but it works. If I use the laptop I just set it on the floor in the passenger well.

Reactions: Shawnski and Flew

·
Registered
782 Posts
Kristen and I go up to Da Pad, and she always ask if were gonna race anyone, LOL. She's been with me and we run into a group of guys headed there, end up playing cat n mouse. Just laughs the whole time, especially when you get that one guy that thinks he's fast and I pass him like he's standing still. :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Every time I go WOT with my wife in the car, I end up in the dog house. It's usually worth it.
You must have a nicer doghouse than I do!
At mine the weather is always freezing with a chance of lightning.

• Haha
Reactions: LeVeL and maydk65
21 - 39 of 39 Posts