Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't bother all of you with the myriad of issues my (soon to be Ford's) FFS has tortured me with. I spoke with Ford on Friday and they informed me that while we wait for the buyback paperwork to move through the process (should be 2 weeks or so), the car was now "fixed" and I should return the loaner (Escape) and pick up the FFS and return it at the date of buyback.

I jumped at it!! Who wouldn't want to drive a FFS over an Escape???

Well, it didn't quite work out. On the way to my son's hockey banquet (DLS State Champs!!!) yesterday, the car seemed really sluggish and the little wrench and CEL came on. Good Grief.

I used my handy dandy OBD2 tool to pull the code:

P0299 Turbocharge/Supercharger "A" Underboost Condition

This car REFUSES to let me enjoy it even for a little while.

Not sure what the point of this post is for all of you except to note the "new" failure as I haven't seen it anywhere on this forum yet.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I threw that code for the second time last night and Im not happy. Going back to stock to see if it's tune related.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I threw that code for the second time last night and Im not happy. Going back to stock to see if it's tune related.
No tune for me. Bone stock (except for new engine). This isn't a slight miss for the turbo either. The car will nit get out of it's own way right now. Kinda funny/annoying as the manufactured engine noise matched the engine speed but the car gets there so slowly it doesn't match at all. Way too loud.

I am headed out of town for a couple d days so I can't get it back to the dealer until late Tuesday or Wednesday AM.

Will l let you know.

·
Banned
249 Posts
I've thrown underboost once, about 15k ago in my Edge, only happened once, pulled over as soon as CEL went on dash, ran obd2. turned car off, turned back on. and was back to normal. haven't had the issue again yet. this was when I first got my tune and well. I've abused the **** out of my car and it's still going strong.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry to hear that you got a bad Sport.

What are you looking at to replace it?

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you had to bring it to dealer, do you think they'd check if car was tuned? Even though an issue like this most likely isn't tune related as it's happend to OP without tune, I'd just hate for them to try to pin it on ECU modification.

Sorry to hear that you got a bad Sport.

What are you looking at to replace it?
If I was in his shoes, I would probably go with an SHO if he doesn't want another FFS. That's just me though :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you had to bring it to dealer, do you think they'd check if car was tuned? Even though an issue like this most likely isn't tune related as it's happend to OP without tune, I'd just hate for them to try to pin it on ECU modification.

If I was in his shoes, I would probably go with an SHO if he doesn't want another FFS. That's just me though :)
it all depends on the dealer it self, why doing tunes are so risky. Even if you return it back to stock there is a way for them to tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts