Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone or will anyone do a back to back test with Livernois and Unleashed tunes? I want to buy one but it's a tough call determining which one will perform better, and how they "feel" in actual driving day to day. I would be willing to do a test if I could have a loaner from each ;)!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nope. No one ever has and no one ever will. This will continue to be one of the questions that the internet cannot answer. :p

Hopefully one day we'll at least get some #'s from either or both of them though.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well if you are able later share with us. Especially if something happened to ur car that was negative. Just to help the rest of us out. Thanks.

·
Banned
249 Posts
Member of the edge community has tunes from both, also a member here. No dyno #s but LMS was faster per vbox. Though torrie has put a hold on edge tunes till he works some kinks out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think it will always be hard to compare tunes - you can look at dyno numbers as a start but those can be misleading - the best test is the track - again very hard to do - need same driver, same car, same conditions and very close 60ft times to really tell - one of the things I always consider is Customer Service - From what I have read both Unleashed and Livernois have good service - The other thing to consider - Do you have a guy who dyno tunes cars in your area - if you want him to do that then a unlocked tune i.e. Unleashed or SCT (when they have it) are the way to go. I have livernois and will be downloading V2 sometime this week - but will not be able to track test it until either this coming weekend or next week -

·
Registered
89 Posts
Member of the edge community has tunes from both, also a member here. No dyno #s but LMS was faster per vbox. Though torrie has put a hold on edge tunes till he works some kinks out.
That would be me. And at this time I actually have three tunes from three companies at this time for the Edge.

LMS is faster at this point.
Unleashed is a bit slower but I have been waiting 3 months for an updated tune and hopefully that will be soon.
Last company is still being tested but seems faster then Unleashed, slower then LMS but drives like crap with shift strategy and throttle input.

A full test will come out and shares to the public.

·
Banned
249 Posts
That would be me. And at this time I actually have three tunes from three companies at this time for the Edge.

LMS is faster at this point.
Unleashed is a bit slower but I have been waiting 3 months for an updated tune and hopefully that will be soon.
Last company is still being tested but seems faster then Unleashed, slower then LMS but drives like crap with shift strategy and throttle input.

A full test will come out and shares to the public.
you should ask Torrie if he has anything for you. I dunno know if he's happy yet. Had me "test" somethings out last week and after 3 revisions some WOT and 30-100 runs he seemed content.

·
Registered
89 Posts
you should ask Torrie if he has anything for you. I dunno know if he's happy yet. Had me "test" somethings out last week and after 3 revisions some WOT and 30-100 runs he seemed content.
Nice. His last email 11 days ago) said "will let you know when I get further testing done.". so I'm just going to wait another week and check in.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I thought it might be fun to be able to use both devices/tunes. Not really for comparison, but to have the best of plug & play and try some logging. I have returned the nGauge but must say that Torrie provides great service and communication. If you really want to log, try him out.

Before I jumped in and decided to try the nGauge, I should have given more thought to my close ties with Livernois. I was dazzled by the features of the nGauge. I did some damage to my relationship with Livernois and regret it. I am working to patch it up. Soon, I expect to be running a new revision from Livernois and post great results.
I can see all the hype and glamour along with performance could draw you to the other side. At least you fessed up and sometimes you have to go in reverse in order to drive forward. In other words, take a step back in order to take 2 steps forward.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I thought it might be fun to be able to use both devices/tunes. Not really for comparison, but to have the best of plug & play and try some logging. I have returned the nGauge but must say that Torrie provides great service and communication. If you really want to log, try him out.

Before I jumped in and decided to try the nGauge, I should have given more thought to my close ties with Livernois. I was dazzled by the features of the nGauge. I did some damage to my relationship with Livernois and regret it. I am working to patch it up. Soon, I expect to be running a new revision from Livernois and post great results.
I am sad to hear that you have decided that you needed to choose one side over the other. You shouldn't need to have to patch things up. LMS, Torrie, and all the others are all in this game for the same reason. They love cars. Sure it's a business. But they are both all star players. Win, lose or draw they will both come out winners due to their own merits. We should all be able to play in the same sand box. Sorry if we inticed you to try something new and hurt your relationship with LMS. I certainly don't recall you putting any negative light on either of them. It's a shame but I can understand where you are coming from. If a side needs to be chosen I can respect your decision.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
My Sport is better than your Sport, bring it on...lol

·
Registered
624 Posts
I am still a little confused about the whole if you want to log, go with Unleashed if you don't LMS is where it's at thing. Yes if want to log Unleashed is the only game in town right now. But, If you don't want to log they're both great choices. Unleashed requires zero data logging, period. None. Look, I think they are both great choices, choose which ever one you want and you should be happy. Sure people on both sides can argue whose better. And sure one will be faster than the other in the end, but that also isn't all there is to a good tune either. But the fact of the matter is no tuner is going to put out the best tune the first time. Every good tuner requires feedback from their customers whether they want to admit it or not(ahem LMS). Or at least should listen to their feedback. Whether it's just verbal feedback or Intel based on data logs, or both. And LMS does listen to their customers too I'm sure. Dave's close relationship is proof.

·
Registered
100 Posts
As I said in a earlier post - Customer Service in any product is a critical element in my decision making - Presently I am on the fence - I am awaiting a revised V2 (first one did not do much if anything) - I am not hopeful I will receive anything prior to our track closing end of next week and even if I do the forecast is for mid 40 temp - great for engine not so good for traction so will see!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, it's getting close to crunch time at my track. I'll keep hoping I might get out there yet. My biggest problem right now (if I had a tune) is having 3/4 tank. Not to mention I need a diet. I should starve myself all winter. Kevin, we will just have to wait and see which color comes up with the best time slip. LOL
Let us all know how you make out, and remember if it was Lightning Blue it would have been quicker!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts