Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the Unleashed tuners out there. I have been running a Livernois tune since they first came out with it. I run the 93 tune, latest version. Problem is when getting back to Ford factory stock, I have to flash the ECU once with a stock tune that is on my Mycal, then email Livernois for a second download which contains the true Stock download. They said they currently have no solution for this 2 step process required to get back to Stock. My question is does the Unleashed tune require a double flash to get back to true Stock? Very inconvenient to not have the stock tune on hand to reflash for a service visit at Ford. I takes a day or 2 to get the new load back from Livernois. Thinking about switching to Unleashed after reading all the posts about Torrie's quick service.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yup. Fast and easy. The first time I had to go back to the dealer, I flashed it back to stock in my driveway before leaving. Then flashed it back when I got home. 5-10 minutes at the most for either flash.

·
Registered
481 Posts
it def is a little longer process than most, like said above with the xcals its much easier. You dont have to flash twice from what they told me. You have to "update" the tuner with the stock tune. Then load it the same way you would load the performance tune. After you do this you send them another request to load the tuner with the performance tunes. The way ive got it set up is i have "return to stock" tune waiting for the tuner to be plugged in again to update. Until i do this as long as i dont plug it into the computer to "update" i dont have to wait to go back completely stock if i have to go to the dealer in a hurry.

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
Just taught my wife how to do it this morning in case she has to take the car to the dealer while I am traveling. Really simple...

Reactions: lyee

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
I guess I should have included that on Inital load of a custom tune the X4 stores the factory tune first then flashes the custom tune to the car. Once this is done you can back up the factory file to your computer with the free software called Device Updater from SCT. The X4 keeps the factory file resident (on the X4 device) going forward as shown in the video.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For the guys that noticed that their car wouldn't go faster than 125mph...... Does tuning your car make that speed limit go away? Has anyone checked?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts