Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently purchased Livernois’s 93 octane tune. Great improvement in performance. However, sporadically and without notice, when I floor the car it will hesitate then go into “safe-mode”! This is bad news if you were on the freeway for example. Which happened to me the other day. luckily I have the tune in the car for this very reason I would have to plug it in, clear the codes restart the vehicle then I’m fine, however this could result in a serious incident or accident! I always make sure to turn off the traction control. This happened in either normal or sport mode. I called Livernois’s and they said that i should replace the spark plugs and gap them a bit closer. I cannot believe that that way s the cause, has anyone else had any similar situations and any advice. This is a big deal. Thank you!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hello, I recently purchased Livernois’s 93 octane tune. Great improvement in performance. However, sporadically and without notice, when I floor the car it will hesitate then go into “safe-mode”! This is bad news if you were on the freeway for example. Which happened to me the other day. luckily I have the tune in the car for this very reason I would have to plug it in, clear the codes restart the vehicle then I’m fine, however this could result in a serious incident or accident! I always make sure to turn off the traction control. This happened in either normal or sport mode. I called Livernois’s and they said that i should replace the spark plugs and gap them a bit closer. I cannot believe that that way s the cause, has anyone else had any similar situations and any advice. This is a big deal. Thank you!
I would plug in my code reader and check for DTCs if I were in your situation. What DTCs are you getting?

·
Registered
208 Posts
You couldn't pay to run their crap, Ive heard too many horror stories about them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Is the engine up to operating temperature when this is happening?

·
Registered
605 Posts
@Jerry S How often is this happening? How many times has it happened? I think it's important to determine whether it's something that happens every time you go to fully throttle, for instance, vs just every once in a while.

But yeah grab the DTC(s) next time it happens. Try to get in the habit of noting those down every time you get a DTC. That habit will help you in the future, whether you are running a tune or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts