Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the deal with these dyno's? Those are the ugliest dynos I have ever seen. Was it a software error. It shows STD smoothing 5, yet beyond 4500rpm the choppiness of that dyno is unreal.

A 2.0L dyno for comparison..

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Maybe they had a Sport with the square wheel option.

Reactions: Aseller

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe they had a Sport with the square wheel option.
HaHa!! To be frank whenever you see choppiness like this at the top its timing being pulled and put back in, doesn't look like a finished product. I was wondering if it could be slippage from the drive wheels on the rollers.

Dave

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the Livernois Stage 3 Tune and love it! It certainly doesn't feel choppy at the top of rev range

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes, that is correct. It's just version 3, I should have been more specific

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I could be wrong, but I'm wondering if it's a safe tune and its running rich. The peaks is adding timing and then dropping back off. At least I hope that's the cause since it means the sport has more power left in her.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I could be wrong, but I'm wondering if it's a safe tune and its running rich. The peaks is adding timing and then dropping back off. At least I hope that's the cause since it means the sport has more power left in her.

Well unfortunately, the spikes is where the dyno is getting its max torque and hp reading at. I would take those numbers with a grain of salt. I think the peaks should really be 318rwhp and just under 400tq. I'm not hating on Livernois at all, they do wonders and know several FiSTs that run their tune with great affect. Just curious on the dynos for the FFS. I wonder if later tunes smoothed these out. Also the numbers are STD not SAE so deduct around 4.5% to get the SAE numbers or just over 300rwhp.

Dave

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looking forward to see how it goes for you. Since I can't get any 93 Octane locally, I will live vicariously through the tune they build for you.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
868 Posts
While you were waiting for your date, I went and posted in their mycalibrator thread on 2gf asking about the rough dyno chart. They promptly responded back with the below answer:

"It's the computer keeping boost and power output at a target value. It's exaggerated due to the AWD dyno having a linked belt design. That is why it shows up so much on the graph. All of the AWD EcoBoost cars show this as you can see its even on the stock pulls."

·
Registered
65 Posts
While you were waiting for your date, I went and posted in their mycalibrator thread on 2gf asking about the rough dyno chart. They promptly responded back with the below answer:

"It's the computer keeping boost and power output at a target value. It's exaggerated due to the AWD dyno having a linked belt design. That is why it shows up so much on the graph. All of the AWD EcoBoost cars show this as you can see its even on the stock pulls."
As I recall my SHO's dyno looked similar at LMS.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Reactions: 1153
1 - 17 of 17 Posts