Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be great if those who do drag race could post their actual time slips: The purpose of this is to help everyone figure out the car and then when they become available what tunes or mods work best -

Slips will Include 60FT 1/8 Mile ET and MPH 1/4 mile ET and MPH

They can be either scanned if you have the ability or take a picture and post

Density Altitude also helps_ you can get this real time by going to Drag Times - put in your track - Date and time of your run and it will give you the DA and adjusted time

Remember Reaction time will not change any of the above numbers as nothing starts until your vehicle breaks the beam - Of course we all know that a lot of races are determined by who is better at the tree -but for the purpose of these times when I run I am not going to worry about my RT just want to see how the car performs

I anticipate running my Car late Sept- (Delivery 15 sept) I will try using the paddle shifters as will as letting the car do its own thing sport mode of course- also will vary the
RPM on launch - starting at about 1500 and going up - When I post the time slips I will indicate the method I used for that particular slip and the DA- I race at NE Dragway.

Have Fun -

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
1/8th=8.9798
@77.15mph
60ft=2.0056

DA=1990

Only got 2 runs before somebody dumped oil on the track and shut it down. The second run was about .09 slower with about .5 mph lower trap. I did let off a tad shy of the finish line, but I'm not sure if it was enough to make any difference.

The other car was tuned Lincoln MkS. His second run was 2 seconds faster than the run in the picture. He had a 8.49 @ 82.9. He said his tune was not dialed in and the car was pitching a fit at the end of the second run. He also said his car ran the exact same as mine when it was stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess we will see - I think I saw a post where someone is tracking this coming week - and my car should be in end of week and will track early Oct - as I posted previously on this forum - I have a 2016 F150 2.7 ecoboost and with 500 miles on it we ran the 1/4 mile in 13.92 at 100 mph in pretty decent air in May - with a tune, custom exhaust and CAI it runs mid to low 13 now!!!
- According to ford specs the truck is over 1000 lbs more curb weight than the Sport and for sure has more wind resistance - so if the sport only runs 14 sec with the same engine and actually more listed torque -- there is something definitely wrong - but before we jump the gun lets see what the proven results are. Hopefully we can get a good sampling listed here.
If I had to guess based on 30 years drag racing experience I would say 13.6 at about 101 stock and that would be with a 60ft of 2.0 or slightly less running in a DA of 1000 or less

·
Registered
51 Posts
My car is scheduled to be in 9/25 but I plan to wait for rebates to reset early Oct I think the 3rd to pick it up.
I'm no pro but I drag race quite often had my 12 boss at the track 1 week after purchase and ran 12.4 on street tire eventually 11.9 with cat delete and sticky tires
This car should be easy to drive at the track pending a good launch point basically point and shoot!
I have a local tuner ready for the car as well who teaches sct tuning classes across the country

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ran my Fusion Sport for the 1st time! Irwindale Dragstrip. DA was about 2500ft. Had some heat soak issues but had a blast.

Best ET and Trap but not my best 60ft.

RT: .131 (best was .087)
60ft: 2.062 (best was 2.028)
330ft: 5.866
1/8th: 9.058
Trap: 76.76mph

My best 60ft was a 2.028, I would have hit an 8.9 with that one! All stock on 91 octane. With a lower DA it would have been eve quicker. Heat soak was an issue. I had a lot of fun and beat many cars that were surprised as was the announcer! He loved the fact that the fusion was smoking a lot of cars that he didn't expect it to. I love this car!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ran my Fusion Sport for the 1st time! Irwindale Dragstrip. DA was about 2500ft. Had some heat soak issues but had a blast.

Best ET and Trap but not my best 60ft.

RT: .131 (best was .087)
60ft: 2.062 (best was 2.028)
330ft: 5.866
1/8th: 9.058
Trap: 76.76mph

My best 60ft was a 2.028, I would have hit an 8.9 with that one! All stock on 91 octane. With a lower DA it would have been eve quicker. Heat soak was an issue. I had a lot of fun and beat many cars that were surprised as was the announcer! He loved the fact that the fusion was smoking a lot of cars that he didn't expect it to. I love this car!
I got the same commentary the last time I ran there. I'm just waiting for the big mouth before I head out there again.

Reactions: Oxford

·
Registered
166 Posts
[email protected]
DA - 2321
Launch rpm -2000
Livernois 93 tune

Not many folks there must have seen a fusion sport run. Stunned the tech in guy and a few watching.

It was feeling the heat on the big end.

·
Registered
481 Posts
livernois 93 tune, DA was about 600ft for this run. needed smoe more time perfecting my launch. Also shocked the **** out of everyone at the track. Only other mods are a filter and added some 100 octane as per livernois

1 - 20 of 33 Posts