Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quite alot of Lincoln fans here, and fans of the MKZ who I thought would appreciate this.

Seems the new Lincoln Zephyr is coming to China, and it looks absolutely stunning. Very jealous about us not getting it. But we also don't seem to be getting the spiritual successor to the Fusion the Evos (which is also going to China).

However, there is some good news. Seems the Fusion may not be dead yet with folks spying the alledged "Fusion Active". This model seems to be a hatchback sedan proportioned a little more larger than our Fusions.
2022 Ford Fusion Active spy shots: Fusion successor almost here

While I think the potential Fusion looks great personally, it's definitely busier than our models and may not be everyone's cup of tea. It is also said to have the same long screen that stretches over the dashboard like in the Zephyr and Evos, which definitely will alienate some folks and which I'm not sure even a tech fan like me will love all the way.

Hopefully we can get some cool powertrains. If I had to guess the minimum will be the 2.5L NA Hybrid with the eCVT found on the Escape and the Maverick. This is actually a great powertrain and if paired with AWD will be a real killer if done right. We would also likely see the 2.0L EcoBoost imo, used in a similar application to the Maverick. What is more unclear is whether we could hope for a Sport model with the 2.7L EcoBoost. The Sport didn't do nearly as well as Ford wanted, but I hope they can realize that there were just a few little issues that kept people from buying such a great car. Issues that could be very easily alleviated and bring the Sport trim more success.

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I realize now I put this in the wrong category. If someone could move it I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shortages may be solved sooner by Ford than other auto manufacturers. They recently made a noncommittal partnership with a company called Global Foundries for chip manufacturing. We may actually see Ford start to make their own chips in house and contract product out to a place like Global Foundries who has spare capacity for more advanced processes.

From what I understand, most cars companies use very old processes for manufacturing their chips, partly because if reliability but also because of cost. Now that we are seeing severe competition from multiple sectors to get these cheaper and older chips, car manufacturers may need to move to more advanced processes in order to get large volumes of chips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts