Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automobile magazine just did a short take on the new Continental with the 2.7L and AWD- 335 hp and 380 lb-ft. Of course they would never allow the Ford to have more horsepower than the Lincoln. We'll get it with the tune.

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17

·
Registered
529 Posts
They have to have be able to market some sort of performance bump for the extra $$$ haha. But in all seriousness, look at the applications that use the 3.5TT, they all boast slightly different performance figures. Some of it has to do with the platform it is built into and others is marketing.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Automobile magazine just did a short take on the new Continental with the 2.7L and AWD- 335 hp and 380 lb-ft. Of course they would never allow the Ford to have more horsepower than the Lincoln. We'll get it with the tune.
Reminds me of the mid 2000's with the Infiniti G35 vs the Nissan Maxima.

Same exact engine I think. I think the Maxima had 265 horsepower, and the G35 had close to 300.

Granted one was FWD and one was RWD

·
Registered
405 Posts
More than likely the HP differences are due to slight design differences. Things like the length and diameter of the intake, or length and diameter of the exhaust, the Lincoln may have a larger bumper allowing for a bigger intercooler to be used. So many things go into the design and performance of an engine that its silly to think its some conspiracy by Ford to make the Lincoln brand have more power, as if thats what Lincoln customers are really interested in.

·
Registered
447 Posts
More than likely the HP differences are due to slight design differences. Things like the length and diameter of the intake, or length and diameter of the exhaust, the Lincoln may have a larger bumper allowing for a bigger intercooler to be used. So many things go into the design and performance of an engine that its silly to think its some conspiracy by Ford to make the Lincoln brand have more power, as if thats what Lincoln customers are really interested in.
hmmmmm.. actually I work in marketing and its very common for companies to stagger product performance on perps to differentiate products and create perceived value ..

this car is fast enough stock but Im getting a tune just to bump it to 400hp.. I don't need more than that lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts