Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
316 Posts
Interesting quotes from that link @Engineer posted above:
"the equivalent mass of the flywheel is HUGE, especially in lower gears. It's not uncommon for the equivalent mass of a flywheel to be 10x its static mass."
"any reduction in rotational inertia amounts to more engine power that's available for accelerating the car"
"a pound on a tire is like two on the frame"

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If you've ever done any wrist exercises using a broom stick rope and light weights, you can imagine the difference in weight a few pounds can make. My 14 GT has had all these mods lightweight wheels/driveshaft/pulleys/brake rotors they reduced my 60ft times by .4 which is huge.(2.2 to 1.8)
WOW!! That’s huge! This season I switched to 9.2 lbs. per corner lighter wheels & tires and shaved a full tenth off my 60 foot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
WOW!! That’s huge! This season I switched to 9.2 lbs. per corner lighter wheels & tires and shaved a full tenth off my 60 foot.
What wheels to you switch to. That's next on my hit parade.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
What wheels to you switch to. That's next on my hit parade.
Actually, I already owned a set of MODA MD20 18x8 (now discontinued) that I bought from Tire Rack when the car was new and used for winter wheels. I wore out the winter tires just before COVID and since COVID caused a job change that completely changed my driving routine, I decided to put them into race mode.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Tread

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
316 Posts
It's getting harder and harder to find lightweight wheels that fit our cars, especially without having to use Hub Centric Rings.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Can't wait, and am now actively looking for low cost lightweight wheels 18" I think. I just have to see a few FFS to see what 18"ers look like

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
To answer your question from above #15 , I helped unorthodox racing load up their SEMA booth here in Las Vegas years ago and befriended one of the bosses barely remembers me now lmao but cool enough to give me some info

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Update I requested to be the tester for the 2.7 pulley, the 3.5 pulley has been made and is ready for testing, 2.7 pulley is still about 2 weeks out
Any more info on that pulley. I am pretty anxious for the results. I am still looking for reasonably priced light weight wheels if anyone has a link, or name. This thing still wont beat my mustang off the line.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Count me in for pulleys, too.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts