Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions on your favorite wash and wax brands. Only ever owned silver and grey cars so it would be nice to know what you use to protect and make those colors shine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice color choice IMHO.

I ordered my car. Before it came in, I told the dealer that I did not want the car washed as part of dealer prep as I did not want any swirls (they use a car wash with brushes). After letting the paint cure for 90 days, I clay barred it and then applied Klasse paint sealant. (Tip- Google how to apply the sealant because the instructions instruct you to let it dry for at least 30 minutes before removing the glaze. You need to remove it immediately.) The sealant allows the color to really shine through and that's why we chose this color.

Waxing on top of the sealant is optional but I am going to use Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba. It worked well on my black car and I expect similar results on blue.

For washing I use a Meguiar's product, something that does not strip wax. I use a two bucket system, one for the soap and the second for plain water. After each soaping, I rinse the sponge in the second bucket. Then back to the first bucket to start the next soaping. Again I am trying to avoid swirls from any embedded dirt in the sponge.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
How much are you looking to spend on all the different stuff required to keep it looking good? You want to do budget? Mid range? Or high end?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I also have a lightning blue sport. Here is the shine I was able to get out of Mother's 3 step wax.

Next time I wax, I'm going to do Chemical Guys Jet Seal and Chemical Guys 5050 wax. I will post pics when done.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
What's with you guys all getting Lightning Blue? When I got mine last July I was one of only a couple blue FuSpo's on here and on the road. Now this place is crawling with em. Dam it! Lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
What's with you guys all getting Lightning Blue? When I got mine last July I was one of only a couple blue FuSpo's on here and on the road. Now this place is crawling with em. Dam it! Lol
When I saw the picture of the blue one sitting on the lot, I knew that was the color I wanted. Normally, my favorite is black, and my TransAm was silver, so honorable mention to both.

I haven't even seen another Sport on the road, let alone a blue sport.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been working at ford for years so I've seen there colors come and go I'm a red guy so when looking in my inventory we had no Ruby but we did have a Burgundy Velvet now the Sport looks incredible in that color one problem though no sunroof. So we had a Lightning Blue with a Sunroof and I'm not a blue guy but when I saw the Sport in it and pulled it upfront even my coworkers standing outside said "oh f*#£ yes"

I've made sure we haven't ordered another Lightning Blue Sport since.

Reactions: Kevin74 and dlm1984
1 - 7 of 7 Posts