Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, for all you fine ladies out there, my wife can and will do whatever the heck she wants. Truth is, I needed her SUV.

OK, so my Sport is now going on 14 months old with just over 16,000 miles. Yesterday my wife drove her for the very first time. And it was without me in the car. So I love my wife, but she is as far away as you can get from being an automotive enthusiast. Cars are merely a form of transportation for her. It's a total buzz kill for me to drive the Sport with her in it, and it's not like I drive crazy or anything. Accelerate briskly from a stop light, "what did you have to do that for" she would say. Anyways. So I really don't think about it at first but after she left I thought about how much more "touchy" the throttle is with my latest tune, and I think I should have warned her lol. The next time I talk to her she says, "gez, I thought I was gonna get whiplash". Oops.

This got me thinking about how guys/gals who were wanting to buy, I think it was called something like pedalmax or throttlemax?
Anyways, not sure what my point is other than it's a bummer my wife doesn't appreciate my Sport and pedal/throttlemax is a waste of money... in my opinion.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not for nothing... with the title, was expecting some pictures of some curb rash. :p

Yeah, my wife doesn't care either. But that's okay. Car is for you to enjoy anyway, isn't it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow, lucky.. my wife is ALWAYS trying to steal my car, but when she does I get to drive her tuned 2011 3.5L f150 EcoBoost.. so it's not all bad.

Reactions: Kevin74

·
Registered
320 Posts
There are a few of us women who are into mechanical things like cars. I have always liked a bit of performance in my vehicles, but the days of sacrificing comfort are done, so the Sport is a great compromise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Living in the city and walking to work the majority of the time, my wife and I downsized to a one car household. Previously, I had a 14 Focus ST with an assortment of Cobb mods and she had the household appliance(CVT accord). She insisted that we get a "compromise" between the two. She wasn't happy that I replaced the ST with a faster car. Oh well, at least the "ohsh!t bars" are higher quality in the Fusion.

·
Registered
152 Posts
lol my girlfriend hates when I get on the throttle in the FS. She constantly gave me **** about it, until recently, when we took a 1400 mile roadtrip across the country.

When she took over the driving duties, I kept catching her having fun with it too, hammering into the throttle and passing lane hogs with a big ol **** eating grin on her face lol Now I bust her chops about it, even though she doesn't like to admit it.

since we got back from the trip, she don't rag on me as much about it lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
My wife is leasing a 2016 VW Jetta of some kind, a no frills 1.4T model I think. We got over 40 mpg on a recent trip we took from So Cal up to Monterey, and that's with 4 adults and bags. She hasn't driven the Sport yet, and to be honest, I think the sudden rush of power will put her off, since she's used to puttering around in that Jetta. But once the lease is up, I'm sure she'll spend more time behind the wheel of the Sport, so I may have to start looking for something for me, like maybe this dealer-built F150 Lightning (Ford Dealership Builds F-150 Lightning That FoMoCo Won?t | Automobile Magazine), or a late-model Shelby Mustang (one with "SHELBY" across the rear deck lid, 5.8 SC engine, etc, because my oldest daughter's name is Shelby), or...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts