Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'm not touching my plate lights for two reasons. One my first Fusion I had, had one that never worked from the factory, don't want to mess with the tiny things, two it doesn't benefit me in any way to have it brighter.

To answer previous question, no the trunk is still incandescent on '19s, forgot about that one.
I only changed mine to LEDs before I got the mindset to say screw it. I upgraded the trunk to LED in 2018, same with the backup lights (which made somewhat of a huge difference in lighting while in reverse). On my 2018 Explorer, I left the lights stock except for the reverse lights. BTW my Explorer license plate lamps (same as the Fusion Sport design) already has moisture on the inside. I wonder if it is because of the heat generated from the incandescents drawing in moisture somehow through the seams of the lens housing...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm also running the Sylvania 914 LEDs. Been there, done that with cheap amazon LEDs. Plus the Sylvania 194's are the same correct brightness, just a better temperature (in my opinion). And they've been good for 3.5 years now. I agree tho I don't understand why people put crazy bright LEDs in for their plate lights.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Since those license plate lamp housings were a PITA to remove (I broke mine during removal) I didn't want to have to go back in there to replace a burned out cheap LED. I had a DriveBright puddle light (the brand that came highly recommended by everyone) leak where the car wash detergent intruded into the housing (Purple Magma Lava package stuff could be seen floating around inside of it). Not surprising since it looks like they just RTV everything together, but this was on the SHO. I see Dorman has LED puddle lights and they seem to be made much better. I have a pair ready to be installed but lately I haven't felt much joy or need to convert my lights to LEDs.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
So, the factory LED puddle lights from our '19 Edge SEL 301A fit perfectly into my '17 Sport's mirrors!
The only issue now is to find the P/N... the one on the light doesn't search back to anything... Will make a thread & proper how-to remove these stupid lights when get my new ones.

(They do fit perfectly, I just didn't want to snap them in to my Fusion in case I couldn't get it out in one piece. Had to go back on the Edge after testing.)

Left - '19 Edge/LED ; Right - '17 Fusion/halogen

Reactions: ArthurUSCG

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It may work, but I don't know the part number. And parts sites gave me the same p/n that is already on my '17.

So I used & ordered the Edge once since they were readily available for me to test with. Plus I could order based off the VIN to be sure.

With Ford you can never just assume it'll work! Especially with the changes they've done to the Fusion in 2019.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: metroplex

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Just an update on this, part number JU5Z-13B374-A was what worked on my '17, and were just $16 each from my local dealer.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I ordered them using 2019 Edge ST as VIN and they finally arrived.

Attachments

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tangentially related to this thread: the light inside the trunk / cargo area. I couldn't really find any information on the trunk light so figured I'd add my $0.02 here.

For a direct replacement, you're looking for a single 5W5 194 bulb. I got this one from Amazon for $10: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JLWGQX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thought about getting a red one, thinking it might be easier on the eyes if I'm going into the trunk at night, but in the end I remembered that I'm not friends with Joe Pesci and won't be burying any bodies, so I got white to match the rest of the LEDs I have.

Go into the trunk and find the light. On the passenger side there is a tab that has to be pushed in (with a screwdriver) to release the plastic assembly:

0625201343c_HDR.jpg

Then the whole thing comes out. Disconnect the standard connector to remove the whole assembly.

Key for scale:
0625201342_HDR.jpg

The part that sticks out opposite the tab you pushed in, is for the wire connection you removed earlier.

0625201343_HDR.jpg

0625201343a_HDR.jpg

0625201343b_HDR.jpg

Use a pen or something similar to push out the old bulb.

0625201506_HDR.jpg

The new LED bulb was a tight fit due to its larger diameter but I managed to get it to fit:

0625201507_HDR.jpg

Putting the light back in is obviously really easy, I won't bother writing it out.

It's definitely brighter than stock but I don't think it's too bright - meaning, I won't be left blinded if I look in my trunk in the dark. Definitely happy with the white light too.

0625201510_HDR.jpg

0625201510a_HDR.jpg

0625201510c_HDR.jpg

41 - 51 of 51 Posts