Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I'm just curious what you are finding the best method to be for launching for drag racing and 0-60. I tried launching mine as I would any other vehicle. It's pretty obvious that the trans and engine sense a power brake situation and reduce power. How is everyone launching to offset that? Are you just stabbing the go pedal? Maybe less RPMs? Not racing yet or anything, just got it on June 9th, but I am curious. Thank you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You cant power brake it too long, or it cuts power bad. So hold brake, push throttle to bring up rpm and release brake floor throttle. It takes practice a liiitle too much and it cuts power right when ya want it. Also turn traction control off ots very sensitive when on and will instanly bo ya down

·
Registered
624 Posts
Torque is limited in the first few gears from the factory so there's one thing. A tune turns these cars into a whole other animal
Yeah, this is really the big bullet point with these cars right now. This combined with the overall shift logic. The engine has the power, it's just a matter of unleashing it. And before anybody says anything I'm not referring specifically to Unleashed tuning(although great) it's just unleashing is really the best way to describe it. They fact that a tune alone takes this car from 5.4-5.5s 0-60 to 4.6-4.7 says it all IMO. Over half a second with no actual mechanical modes is quite significant.

If I remember correctly and you read up here, you will find that those who've taken the car to the strip all seem to agree around 2100-2300 rpms seemed to work the best. YMMV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking forward to tuning it and changing a few things cuz I'm sure that will wake it up even more. But worried about doing it right now since I only have 1000 miles on it (picked it up 6/9/17) and my dealer isn't the best for being ok with custom mods. So I think I will wait till at least 10k and then think about tuning it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

Why wait? Mine got the Unleashed 93 Tune at 700 miles. Best option on the awesome car!

Nobody has EVER said, "I wish I had waited a little longer to get that tune."

There's a lot of information on this site. Explore the past threads a little, and you will find a TON of information about pretty much everything to do with our cars. Enjoy.

Buy it.
Tune it.
Enjoy it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only reason I want to wait is due to my dealer being sticklers about aftermarket parts on cars when it come to warrantee work. And my dealer is the closest big dealer for 100 miles. There are some small ford dealers around, but don't know about their warrantee stance on aftermarket parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts