Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo... from a stop no power braking front wheels will spin, minor torque steer, a little delay and then rear kinda start to help. Even spins from a slow roll (15mph) then rear kinda catches up. With power brake and traction controll off. It seemed like fwd, although i only did it for a second, didnt wanna scatter fusion parts in front of my house. Is this NORMAL for these cars? Mine has less then 2k miles so im still learning what normal is...

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
That doesn't sound quite "normal" to me.

Even with traction control off, a straight line, unbraked launch doesn't have any wheelspin. Under some conditions, the does seem to be a slight delay in transferring torque to the rear wheel(s) compared to what I would like.

Now, some of our tuned guys see some wheelspin on braked launches on the track, but I'm not there (yet).

I'd suggest watching your intelligent AWD gauge. It's interesting seeing what condition cause it to start including the rear wheels.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Even without a tune our car would have some wheel spin (more of a chirp) if you went WOT but went straight - with a tune on A/S tires is of course worse - that is why we put on some Comp Summer tires - Another rain out at the track last night so looks like next week to really test the tires

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've had the front tires squeal and torque steer a little on just a couple occasions, when accelerating out of a corner, never going straight tho. I've watched the AWD monitor for my entire commute on a couple occasions and it seems like its engaged every time I pull away from a stop, regardless of the throttle input, then goes FWD once it reaches cruising speed.

Have a look at your AWD monitor and see what it says its doing, because what you're describing doesn't sound normal at all, at least not based on my driving experiences.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i do have goodyear all season tires, is that what most of you guys have? I am not tuned, completely stock. and my wheels spin obviously, not a chirp, not a lil spin... when i power braked it... it spun! Hard! The front only. And you guys with tunes are saying you get only alil chirp? And i do watch the monitor it shows transfer but i dont know if thats actual tranfer or just a representation of what the comouter thinks is hapening. The rear dfif seems to just be a mechanical viscus coupling, i dont see any place for clutches or any real control system. And trying to figure iut how the systemworks via google has not been vary informative. Anyone know for sure what comprises this AWD system?

·
Registered
481 Posts
froshy depending on how hard your on it i could see that happening. Ive gotten on my car pretty hard from a slow roll and you feel the front tires fighting for grip(shaking a bit), it should correct it self. i rode in my friends tuned 2.0 a while back and the same thing happens. Its very slight but you def feel it in the wheel.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm i didnt know they changed tire manufactures... all the ones ive seen had goodyears. Well i tried power braking again, with taction controll off.... and it spins for awhile, no wheel hop just spin.

Now.... for the unfortunate reason i asked this. Battery died alil bit ago, got car back... rear end made funny wishing rattling sound. Eventually went away that same day. That evening while backing up and turning, the car was dificult to move ( wouldnt roll just takong foot off brake) so i gave alil throttle. Sounded like tires rubbing fenders and vehicle started shaking. Did this for a bit... then i gave it gas, it grinded and poped and was back to normal. Its done this 3 times now. Long story short.... when battery died ford roadside towed to dealer........ with a wheel lift tow truck!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I don't seem to get any "wheelspin" at all, ever. While tuned or stock, with TC on or off. The wheelspin your describing does not seem right at all to me. For what it's worth I have the Conti A/S tires.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I don't seem to get any "wheelspin" at all, ever. While tuned or stock, with TC on or off. The wheelspin your describing does not seem right at all to me. For what it's worth I have the Conti A/S tires.
Same here and with a 2k launch I had just a little tire scrub. Im running the Conti's tires.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.... confirming what i think is going on. i cant say that i ever noticed wheel spin before. And now its very obvious. Also the horrid tire scrubbing grinding noised while turning now.... I really feel like my rear diff got destroyed last tow

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, I'd say there is something messed up on your ride. I have not had wheel spin at all on straight line launches. I occasionally find it hard to break the tires loose gunning it around turns. I'm running the Goodyear all seasons.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wasent around when it got towed. But from what my wife said he put it in park, then lifted front wheels.... chained it up, drove away.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wasent around when it got towed. But from what my wife said he put it in park, then lifted front wheels.... chained it up, drove away.

Thanks for your help

Yeah, that's not quite how it's supposed to be done with an AWD car. :eek:

I could certainly see it causing your problems!

Reactions: Vert

·
Registered
54 Posts
I must have a freak of a car. I am livernoise tuned and When I launch at 2500 RPMS it literally spins all 4 tires completely through 1st gear. I had 4 people in the car launched at 2400 and all 4 broke loose almost completely through first. I launch at 2k RPM's the car kind boggs a little and then catches that power and spins through first gear. I am on stock tires myself.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I must have a freak of a car. I am livernoise tuned and When I launch at 2500 RPMS it literally spins all 4 tires completely through 1st gear. I had 4 people in the car launched at 2400 and all 4 broke loose almost completely through first. I launch at 2k RPM's the car kind boggs a little and then catches that power and spins through first gear. I am on stock tires myself.
I assume thats with traction control off right?

And yes.... i feel like someing is definatly not ok with my rear diff. But its sporadic so im just waiting really

·
Registered
54 Posts
I assume thats with traction control off right?

And yes.... i feel like someing is definatly not ok with my rear diff. But its sporadic so im just waiting really
Yes, that is with traction control off. Traction control on If I launch like it, it almost shuts the car down. It literally slams me into the sterring wheel and its like the breaks got nailed. Then it goes.

Yours is weird, because all 4 of mine spin at the same time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts