Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start at the beginning...

We'll not "The Beginning" the beginning, that would take wayyyyyy too long. That would start on the New Jersey turnpike at 3am the morning on April 14th and that's when... hold on this will take too long. I'll start at our relevant beginning which happens on the 264 in Virginia Beach, heading east at around 8pm. I realize my lane keep assist isn't actived, so I click my button at the end of the blinker stock... nothing
I do the only logical thing and test to see if maybe the lights beside my tiny car icon aren't working but the lane keep still is. I test this by letting go of the wheel in, what I would describe as decent highway traffic. I realize quickly, along with the vehicles around me that indeed my lane assist has stopped working. I try one more time for good measure seeing my lane assist has never really done a bang up job... nope still isn't working. For the sake of my self and everyone on the road I will operate under the assumption that it has stopped working and not "third times a charm" it.
I procrastinate for a day (or two) and then call ford so I can bring the car to them so they can diagnose and repair my 1,300 mile, two week old car. I tell them I need a waiting appointment because it's my only vehicle. They agree it shouldn't take too long, I get a 8am appointment. It's not too close to the house so I leave early and get there early. Show up around 7:30am and do my dance at service then wait in the waiting room. I have a thread I started describing that experience, but i will say it wasn't pleasant. I was ignored until around 1 pm when I asked why I had been there for over 5 hours for a wait appointment and my car was still where they parked it at 7:30am. And I ended up leaving a half hour later with them saying, "to diagnose it properly we will need a full day" (would have been nice to make that decision before I missed work and it sat there for 5 hours). I leave unhappy.
I call back at 11am, like instructed. I talk to Brian who after 8 mins on hold, turns into Chris. Chris tells me that I should bring my car in Thursday morning at 7:30 so they can have it for a whole day, and offers me a enterprise rental from the kiosk located in the dealership. I agree, and plan another likely unsatisfying trip to the dealership.
When I showed up at the dealership at 7:30 am I might of well walked into any Home Depot, I would have gotten an equal amount of employee assistance. Stood there as a customer for 5 mins while people moved around me in a fashion I'm only accustomed to at maybe penn station, or JFK airport. Someone finally looks up and says "someone will be with you shortly sir", I nod. After another service department shuffle, I leave my reluctant dance partner and head to enterprise rentals. I walk over to one employee and three people ahead of me and this is not a quick process. To my amazement the first guy is done, second guy doesn't have "an appointment" like I do. SO IT MY TURN. First stoke of luck since this whole thing started, and I'm about to get my second one. I look out the door and I see a car that based on my life time of luck... isn't not mine and never will be. But it can't hurt to ask, right?
NO WAY! NO WAY!!!!
ACT COOL DONT ACT LIKE YOU WANT IT
THEY WILL SEE THAT AND NOT GIVE IT YOU
THEY CAN SEE ALL THE MISCHIEF YOU MIGHT GET INTO
HE IS DOING IT! NO WAY!!

15 mins later after a walk around and a visual inspection I get into it. First question before he walks away, "how do I put the top down...

Part 2 coming later tonight if I ever hear from ford service department...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Part 2: The deception
I hoped that after bringing the sport in for another full day so they could diagnose it properly, I would at least hear back from them at some point today, especially since I left the dealership in a bright yellow 2016 convertible mustang this morning... that they paid for. But as my father told me "Hope in one hand, and 馃挬 In the other. See which one fills up quicker." Never hear from the dealership. I call them at 5:37, and talk to Chris again. She says she hasn't heard anything and she will check with tech and call me back in 10 mins. 6:50 pm rolls around and I figure I have given enough time so I call back. The receptionist tells me all the service people go home at 5:30pm...

Ummmmmm so I talk to Chris at 5:37... 7 mins after she left apparently
She says I'll call you in 10... theoretically while she walks out the door
Despite the circumstances I never received a call back at any time and they have my car... and I feel a little helpless
At there mercy... if it's true one dealer it'll be another

There mustang will be treated accordingly

And maybe they won't be able to get intouch with me for a day... eye for an eye

WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE A BUNCH OF BLIND SUM A 馃惄's In this mutha if they keep this up

Registered
I would not even bother calling them anymore. Enjoy the convertible until they get their crap together.

Registered
Mirrors my joke of a dealership experience here in Florida as well. Honestly, so ridiculous. The things Ford dealers fail at is customer service 101...that's whether you're spending $10 at a store or $100k on a vehicle. The luxury dealers really have the domestics beat on this. They need to invest heavily in the training and customer experience within the dealership. At this point to me, that's all Ford is missing to having a great 360掳 experience.

Registered
I'm considering moving from my Audi A6 to the Fusion Sport, but a few of my friends are warning me that the dealership experience will be really frustrating for me. I have owned only Audis for the last 20 years. Am I opening myself up to a rude awakening?

Registered
I follow the rule of be informed and be firm. Some dealers are crappy, some good and most just uniformed. I many cases it is what you make of it. Mine is clueless in many ways given my rural location, but they do tend to listen to me on most things and have been good with warranty work.

Super Moderator
My Aunt is one of those people who switch brands every 2 cars she leases. She's had some bad experience with Audi dealers, and some good (her last Audi was in 2013), and now has a Lincoln. She said the service is as good as the good Audi dealer she last used.

Basically, it's what Kaylee said. Some are bad, some are great. If you have a bad experience, Ford dealers are more plentiful than Audi (usually) so just switch to another. Every brand has this.

I've never had a bad experience at my usual dealer. They'll still even offer me a loaner when doing day-long work on my 2010 Focus with 150k miles.

You should see New Country Mercedes-Benz here in CT... doesn't matter if you have a $100k S-Class, you're gonna get treated like dirt cause they're the only dealer for a 1.5 hr drive so it's not worth the effort to be nice to you.

Registered
I鈥檝e been really pleased for the most part with ford dealers. The Volvo and Mercedes dealerships here in Denver were totally meodcre over 20 years. And gone are the $150 oil changes.

Registered
Lane keep assist is a big NO!!!! I hate it. As for dealers i honestly feel it depends on the dealer with fords. It does not with Audi or BMW from personal experiences. All from those two treat you extremely well and I just recently had a very poor experience with a Ford dealer that I have been dealing with for 15 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
PS the infinity commercial with Stephen Curry pisses me off. What a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts