Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey, im also currently working on this. 2017 ford fusion energi, considering using a rack that is physically broken that i can obtain cheaply or a core from my old workplace. Or do as you stated and get one from an Edge and flash the firmware to the one in my vehicle. We should start a discord or slack, ive seen some posts about the lockout and now they are gone from the comma ai discord.
DM'd you an invite to the OpenPilot community. There will be people in the Ford section more than happy to help out, experts really.

The Comma AI head honchos are megalomaniacs who are attempting to silence any dissent and stifle dangerous innovation to bring their product to market.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok, my user name is ch0425 on discord. i will try to work on this, got several can bus tranceiver modules and a p-can and kvaser leaf light v2. trying to find some decent software to use with it that will let me name the messages and store commands.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's what we are super hoping for. Ideally, all I should need to do is reflash the PSCM on my Fusion and it should work properly. I am concerned however as the left side buttons on the 2019 Edge look a little different than my Fusion (which is absent both ACC and Stop and Go sadly).
I am the one that did the lane centering on my 2014. I can tell you although the steering racks physically look the same, internally they are very different. You will not be able to just flash your PSCM and have lane centering. It’s all new hardware, and the steering rack would likely be your biggest cost, more so than the IPMA, but you also need the ccm and some other items as well.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts