Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I happen to be on the way to work today and get stopped at a red light with 4 lanes and a straightaway for miles. I am in the middle lane and come to the red light and then the 4th lane that ends to a merge in 500 feet, an Evo pulls into that slot. He is lurching the line pre green light. The light turns green and I hesitate and he guns it so I slam it and pull away from him. I am looking to my right and I see his front end slamming up and down with each shift. I look down at my speed and I am at about 80 and he starts to walk on me and I let off and glide into the Dunkin Donuts. It's really great because my car is debadged (because someone rearended me 6 days after I bought my car) and the 40,000 dollar racer boy tries so hard. You can't judge a book by it's cover and yes his car got me above 80 but if your racing higher than that your either trying to retire a lawyer or you have a death wish. This car has a lot of spirit and I love it for that.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice. Ive yet to race an Evo or STI, really wanna see how I do against those since those were other cars I was considering. Evos werent 40K cars though, they started around 34-35K like the STI and Sport.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Bone stock, I 60'ed low 1.7's easily, but that was
an earlier, lighter version EVO, and I have been driving
man tans, AWD's since my 90 talon (not easy to launch right,
especially with stock clutch).

But you are right, it's a lot of work, vs
get in, put your foot down and go. :D

Running low 11's @ 125 in my stang was "almost"
boring with auto trans.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is exactly why I decided to buy a sport in stead of the Focus RS. The sport may not look like much, but you can sure ruin the day for some of those tuned imports!

·
Registered
563 Posts
So I happen to be on the way to work today and get stopped at a red light with 4 lanes and a straightaway for miles. I am in the middle lane and come to the red light and then the 4th lane that ends to a merge in 500 feet, an Evo pulls into that slot. He is lurching the line pre green light. The light turns green and I hesitate and he guns it so I slam it and pull away from him. I am looking to my right and I see his front end slamming up and down with each shift. I look down at my speed and I am at about 80 and he starts to walk on me and I let off and glide into the Dunkin Donuts. It's really great because my car is debadged (because someone rearended me 6 days after I bought my car) and the 40,000 dollar racer boy tries so hard. You can't judge a book by it's cover and yes his car got me above 80 but if your racing higher than that your either trying to retire a lawyer or you have a death wish. This car has a lot of spirit and I love it for that.
Any mods or bone stock?

·
Registered
171 Posts
AUdi S3 and S4 drivers get every nervous around the sport .... with my tune we are neck and neck
I wish I lived where you did, most of the people that bring S4's to the tracks I go to are running 12 flat or lower ET's

Most of the WRX's and the STI varients I've ran against are no problem. I did have a good 3 race shoot-out with one at Milan, won 100 $ that day, he took the first race as I had to back off due to wheel hop at launch, I won the second (close race, I ran a 12.61 he ran a 12.62) The third race everything went good for me and bad for him, I ran a 12.59 and he ran a 13.2, says he missed a up-shift.

My tune and exhaust vs his tune and light engine work.

He was trapping a mph or 2 over what I was so I can see on the street or highway he's eventually run me down.

·
Registered
171 Posts
AUdi S3 and S4 drivers get every nervous around the sport .... with my tune we are neck and neck
I wish I lived where you did, most of the people that bring S4's to the tracks I go to are running 12 flat or lower ET's

Most of the WRX's and the STI varients I've ran against are no problem. I did have a good 3 race shoot-out with one at Milan, won 100 $ that day, he took the first race as I had to back off due to wheel hop at launch, I won the second (close race, I ran a 12.61 he ran a 12.62) The third race everything went good for me and bad for him, I ran a 12.59 and he ran a 13.2, says he missed a up-shift.

My tune and exhaust vs his tune and light engine work.

He was trapping a mph or 2 over what I was so I can see on the street or highway he'd eventually run me down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts