Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
A tune will fix that :)
I am not as familiar with acceleration testing results for tuned FuSpo’s. Are there Stage 1 tuned Fusion Sport’s trapping 111 mph in the ¼ mile?

Here are the C&D test results comparing the stock FuSpo (first) - with summer tires, to keep the braking and skidpad numbers fair - to the stock Stinger GT (second).

C/D TEST RESULTS
Zero to 60 mph: 5.2 sec / 4.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 13.8 sec / 10.6 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 26.7 sec / 18.4 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.8 sec / 5.0 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.9 sec / 2.5 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.6 sec / 3.2 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.8 sec @ 100 mph / 12.9 sec @ 111 mph
Top speed: 130 mph (governor limited) / 167 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 155 ft / 156 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad*: 0.89 g / 0.93 g

There are Stage 1 tuned 3.3T models in Korea putting down current gen BMW M3 and Camaro SS numbers in the ¼ mile (low 12’s at 115+ mph).

I am not going to argue that the “bang for the buck”, hands down, goes to the FuSpo. But really close to the Stinger in acceleration, I am not so sure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am not as familiar with acceleration testing results for tuned FuSpo’s. Are there Stage 1 tuned Fusion Sport’s trapping 111 mph in the ¼ mile?

Here are the C&D test results comparing the stock FuSpo (first) - with summer tires, to keep the braking and skidpad numbers fair - to the stock Stinger GT (second).

C/D TEST RESULTS
Zero to 60 mph: 5.2 sec / 4.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 13.8 sec / 10.6 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 26.7 sec / 18.4 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.8 sec / 5.0 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.9 sec / 2.5 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.6 sec / 3.2 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.8 sec @ 100 mph / 12.9 sec @ 111 mph
Top speed: 130 mph (governor limited) / 167 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 155 ft / 156 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad*: 0.89 g / 0.93 g

There are Stage 1 tuned 3.3T models in Korea putting down current gen BMW M3 and Camaro SS numbers in the ¼ mile (low 12’s at 115+ mph).

I am not going to argue that the “bang for the buck”, hands down, goes to the FuSpo. But really close to the Stinger in acceleration, I am not so sure.
With a tune the Fusion Sport is running 12.6-12.9 with unleashed and trapping in the 106-108 range. The low end on the Fusion wins hands down with the tune. The kia will pull up top but not enough to beat a tuned Fusion. Now the Kia that was tested was a pre-production car. That 12.9 @ 111MPH is unrealistic IMO based on other times that have been posted. I think [email protected] is more realistic for a stock Kia 3.3T.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Kia was a pre-production model with all season Michelins?? The Sport numbers listed are with Continental Summer tires, right? If I remember Braking was much better with the Summer tires, and Handling was a little better. Would like to see a AWD comparo between the 2, with the same kind of tires. The Kia may also have tuning potential. The Dealers are next door to each other, may have to look at both. Watched Randy P's test of the RWD Stinger on Ignition, he liked it, especially the Brakes on the Track.

·
Registered
134 Posts
With a tune the Fusion Sport is running 12.6-12.9 with unleashed and trapping in the 106-108 range.
Are there time slips on the forum for the [email protected] tuned fusion runs? I have only seen 12.9-13.1 @ ~105-6.

The low end on the Fusion wins hands down with the tune. The kia will pull up top but not enough to beat a tuned Fusion.
What do you mean? Say in the 1/8 mile, it wouldn't even be close?

Now the Kia that was tested was a pre-production car. That 12.9 @ 111MPH is unrealistic IMO based on other times that have been posted. I think [email protected] is more realistic for a stock Kia 3.3T.
Yes, the Kia that was tested was a pre-production model. As a result, launch control was not functioning. Who knows how it would have performed it worked properly. In Australia, where the car has already been released as a production model, it ran a [email protected]

I get that the tuned FuSpo is cheaper than the Stinger GT, so you can go as fast for less dough.

But you can also tune the Stinger and end up in M3 acceleration territory, for much less money than an M3.

To each their own. I think I like both cars.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are there time slips on the forum for the [email protected] tuned fusion runs? I have only seen 12.9-13.1 @ ~105-6.

What do you mean? Say in the 1/8 mile, it wouldn't even be close?

Yes, the Kia that was tested was a pre-production model. As a result, launch control was not functioning. Who knows how it would have performed it worked properly. In Australia, where the car has already been released as a production model, it ran a [email protected]

I get that the tuned FuSpo is cheaper than the Stinger GT, so you can go as fast for less dough.

But you can also tune the Stinger and end up in M3 acceleration territory, for much less money than an M3.

To each their own. I think I like both cars.
Check out the timeslips on the forums plus dragtimes.com. You will see plenty of mid 12's with just a tune for this car. Both are sleepers!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Can't see the point of getting a Stinger if you already own a Sport.
Looking @ 20 grand plus to get out of at "best", a one year old car.
If you have an older car, I can see X shopping.

But, I'm not doing anything until they come out with updated
versions of this type of drivetrain.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-cadillac-ct6-plug-in-hybrid-test-review

0-60 same as Sport, 4500 lbs and 31 MPG highway.

Hate pure electrics, but going to hard to match
speed/mileage of a hybrid RWD small gas engine car,
with electric motors in the front wheels.

The weights are going to have to come way down
to get the handling feel, but eventually they will.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sport at 30K is the best deal in this category of car..fact

then stinger at 50k is over priced.

Yes the AWD GT is slightly faster than sport on paper but not 20K faster.. thats the problem..

At 40K the stinger WAD GT is a steal.. but I'm guessing dealers will not lower it instead they will try to sell most customers the lower trims lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Can't see the point of getting a Stinger if you already own a Sport.
Looking @ 20 grand plus to get out of at "best", a one year old car.
If you have an older car, I can see X shopping.

But, I'm not doing anything until they come out with updated
versions of this type of drivetrain.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-cadillac-ct6-plug-in-hybrid-test-review

0-60 same as Sport, 4500 lbs and 31 MPG highway.

Hate pure electrics, but going to hard to match
speed/mileage of a hybrid RWD small gas engine car,
with electric motors in the front wheels.

The weights are going to have to come way down
to get the handling feel, but eventually they will.
Ox, I'm with you. So far the only companies that have done the AWD thing with electrics by routing mechanical power to some wheels and electric to others are the super-high performance options from Porsche, McLaren and Ferrari. But there's no reason that Ford or GM can't do the same thing. In fact, drop a battery pack and rear wheel electrics into the Fusion 2.7l. Weight would change minimally since you lose the drive shaft and two differentials. Using something like the 14 kW battery from the Caddy, you'd get 425 hp and 480 ft lb on 93 octane, near instant torque for much lower 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and likely an improvement in mileage to over 30 mpg. Electricity and turbochargers are a match made in heaven since one is instantaneous and the other takes a second...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ox, I'm with you. So far the only companies that have done the AWD thing with electrics by routing mechanical power to some wheels and electric to others are the super-high performance options from Porsche, McLaren and Ferrari. But there's no reason that Ford or GM can't do the same thing. In fact, drop a battery pack and rear wheel electrics into the Fusion 2.7l. Weight would change minimally since you lose the drive shaft and two differentials. Using something like the 14 kW battery from the Caddy, you'd get 425 hp and 480 ft lb on 93 octane, near instant torque for much lower 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and likely an improvement in mileage to over 30 mpg. Electricity and turbochargers are a match made in heaven since one is instantaneous and the other takes a second...
That the future but current performance,amce consumes don't like the electric / hybrid thing as ,much as NA and turbo and SC engines.. but that will all change eventually

once most cars are electric / hybrid the HP torque wars will no longer matter cause most cars will be doin 0-60 in sub 4s etc

·
Premium Member
769 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #251

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I watched it to see what they were going to say about it but there was not much of a review unfortunately. May seemed to like it but that was a pretty dumb "race" they did with it.
I did the same, it would have been nice to have them actually give some more thoughts on it other than drive it for three minutes of the show and say "its surprisingly not as bad as you would think a performance Kia would be."

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Other than posting real figures, I think it was about as valuable as any other review any big car reviewers would do. It was obviously geared more toward entertainment, which is fine with me since I don't hold most other reviewers in very high regard. So many of them are sellouts that make no attempt whatsoever to give the whole story. At least with the Top Gear crew, they let you know, "Eh, it's a Kia. We don't really care. It's pretty hot for a Kia, though."

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Here’s a post from a Kia forum tuners first crack at tuning the stinger plus stock whp numbers. https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/1098-Delicious-Tuning-Kia-Stinger-Tuning-and-Dyno-Charts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, better than our numbers stock, pretty much on par with our tuned numbers... as I think we all expected. And once it gets figured out more, I am sure their tuned numbers will be better than ours by a fairly decent amount. The Stinger is a very nice car, the only real downfall is its price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My stinger was 54K on the sticker... and frankly, not much faster than this FuSpo. Almost all the tuning there is piggyback, outside of a few tuners who have cracked a couple more algorithms. The other factors are the hella expensive bolt on pieces. KDM stuff isn't cheap, and really isn't made any better than JDM or any other groups of cars... they just cost more.

241 - 256 of 256 Posts