Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Really?, you do know Stangs only lose 7 Hp with 87 (not sure on the 2018 yet).

And for 7400, all you get is extra straight line speed ($1233 for each tenth in 1/4)
Don't get me wrong speed cost money and I've paid a bunch to get into my Sport.

Would have thought though the Brembo brakes and latest greatest number one rated
Pilot S4 tires would kick the snot out of Sport with 10th place rated Conti' 5s.
Not so, in fact Sport beat it in braking and barely lost on skipad.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-ford-fusion-sport-with-summer-tires-tested-review
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-kia-stinger-gt-33t-awd-test-review
I should have clarified. I meant the four door AWD sedan variety. I don't think anyone is cross shopping a RWD V8 two-door coupe with the Stinger. All the Germans require premium.

But even still, just for the h*ll of it, lets have a look. I believe magazine tests put the automatic (like for like) V8 Mustang at 4.5 to 60 and 13.0 @ 113 mph in the 1/4 mile. The Mustang weighs 300+ pounds less and has 70 more hp and 24 more ft-lbs of tq (all on 93 Octane). In Australia a RWD Stinger GT 3.3T ran a 12.79 using 98 RON (93 Octane) fuel. Not very impressive given the Mustang's huge power and weight advantages. Even more so when factoring in the Stinger GT was likely also down on power using 87 octane but fared pretty well when compared to the Mustang running 93 Octane.

I agree with the value prospect, re: the extra 7400 bucks vs. its performance compared to "cheaper" cars like the FuSpo. I would say Kia is WAY off on where it set pricing for the Stinger.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think the most IMPRESSIVE thing about these numbers is they were achieved on 87 Octane fuel. I don't I can think of a car that is faster running regular gas.
Check out the test sheets on the Fusion Sport and you'll see they tested it on 87 too.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
But even still, just for the h*ll of it, lets have a look. I believe magazine tests put the automatic (like for like) V8 Mustang at 4.5 to 60 and 13.0 @ 113 mph in the 1/4 mile. The Mustang weighs 300+ pounds less and has 70 more hp and 24 more ft-lbs of tq (all on 93 Octane). In Australia a RWD Stinger GT 3.3T ran a 12.79 using 98 RON (93 Octane) fuel. Not very impressive given the Mustang's huge power and weight advantages. Even more so when factoring in the Stinger GT was likely also down on power using 87 octane but fared pretty well when compared to the Mustang running 93 Octane.

I agree with the value prospect, re: the extra 7400 bucks vs. its performance compared to "cheaper" cars like the FuSpo. I would say Kia is WAY off on where it set pricing for the Stinger.
Well, if you are talking last years stang, it's **** impressive since
you can get those for 27/28K right now. Like 10 grand cheaper than any 3.3 Kia.
It's very easily made a high 10, low 11 second car and then still cheaper than a base Kia GT.

If you want to compare current model's, then it's no contest.
Ford appears to have substantially underrated new stang, its closer
to 490 Hp gross (it's dynoing 415) and already ran a 12.0............

But like you said, not an AWD 4 door, so who cares.............

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Stinger is making the rounds at select dealerships and I went to look at one last weekend.
I like the look of it, but I’m still holding out to see the Genesis G70 in person.
That’s what’s on my radar to replace my FS in 2-3 years.

Shawn S

·
Registered
400 Posts
^me too.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Now that it has all the pricing and features on the website, I would definitely consider the Kia "next-gen". It's hard to compare it to the Fusion Sport due to price and features. You *may* have a better chance at having a direct comparison against an MKZ.

I mean let's be realistic, our cars are the best bang for the buck for an AWD Performance Sedan, especially with the possibility of snagging them between $30-35k, and our cars are "sleepers". These are the main reasons why I purchased my Fusion Sport. Entry level V6 Kia starts at $38,350 MSRP.

However our cars are built based off the now aged CD3 platform. Especially the Fusion CD3 model which started Model year 2013. Yes t,he Fusion's have received a couple of upgrades over the years, especially in 2017 keeping this generation of Fusions alive. For instance, Sync 3, outside LED Lighting System.

Overall, Transmissions in American vehicles really need a facelift. I just can't believe how my 2011 Genesis Coupe transmission felt light years ahead of my Fusion Sports. I believe it was a ZF Transmission.

·
Super Moderator
1,279 Posts
However our cars are built based off the now aged CD3 platform. Especially the Fusion CD3 model which started Model year 2013. Yes t,he Fusion's have received a couple of upgrades over the years, especially in 2017 keeping this generation of Fusions alive. For instance, Sync 3, outside LED Lighting System.
Our cars are on the CD4 platform, which as you said our cars are the first to use. It's only a 4-year old platform, which isn't old at all. The newest car to start using the CD4 platform is the Continental for the 2017 model year, and they're still switching more vehicles to it.

This generation Fusion itself, however, could be considered dated (styling & interior, wise), and the drivetrains available (with the exception of our 2.7 EB and the 2.0 EB) are definitely dated. But most of those things are going to be new in the next couple years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigblueshock

·
Registered
868 Posts
Overall, Transmissions in American vehicles really need a facelift. I just can't believe how my 2011 Genesis Coupe transmission felt light years ahead of my Fusion Sports. I believe it was a ZF Transmission.
Yeah I priced out a GT and aGT1 and at $44k and $48k, more in Lincoln zone.

On the transmission...yeah. My 2008 VW Gti with it's DSG...

Yet I still love my Sport! I'll be in line for the next gen 5 years down the road or however long we have to wait.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Our cars are on the CD4 platform, which as you said our cars are the first to use. It's only a 4-year old platform, which isn't old at all. The newest car to start using the CD4 platform is the Continental for the 2017 model year, and they're still switching more vehicles to it.

This generation Fusion itself, however, could be considered dated (styling & interior, wise), and the drivetrains available (with the exception of our 2.7 EB and the 2.0 EB) are definitely dated. But most of those things are going to be new in the next couple years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Whoops, was a typo. I did mean CD4. Yeah I was referring to our generation of Fusions a tad dated. Been around for while.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I got my sport for 30K at that price its still the best deal in in class.. fact..
the KIA is a good car but it costs a lot more than the sport and is not much faster or better looking.

Trans and weight are the only things wrong with the sport fact. and with a good tune you will not care about them at all.

Im thinking for my next car in 3 years I will go back to a smaller sport sedan but I still want AUTO, AWD and 4 doors and cool factor so it may be a WRX or something

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I got my sport for 30K at that price its still the best deal in in class.. fact..
the KIA is a good car but it costs a lot more than the sport and is not much faster or better looking.

Trans and weight are the only things wrong with the sport fact. and with a good tune you will not care about them at all.

Im thinking for my next car in 3 years I will go back to a smaller sport sedan but I still want AUTO, AWD and 4 doors and cool factor so it may be a WRX or something
Not kidding about the weight. I had forgot how porky this thing is.
Just dropped some Swift Spec-R springs on my EVO, so had to go
test it out of course. Completely unrefined, but holy crap thing
feels like half a Sport. Guess 800+ lbs will do that...........

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm surprised an infiniti q50 v6 red sport isn't on the spider chart, or at least the lesser 300 hp variant. For the price kia is asking, that is a close competitor in price and track numbers. It's at least closer than the audi. I appreciate the sport back likeness, but I got to figure people are not cross shopping an Audi and a Kia because of the hatchback.

221 - 240 of 256 Posts