Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

201 - 220 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
So far I haven't seen anything I don't like about it really. Look, being a proud American citizen I like to support American made, and American companies but if you want a four door RWD, affordable sporty car your currently limited to just a Charger. Fusion is made in Mexico. Charger is made in Canada. Nothing against Canada, live 20 minutes from Windsor and half my co-workers, many of whom I consider friends are from Canada. Point is I'm not going to try and find reasons to hate Kia. The proof is in the pudding and Ford /GM would be smart step up they're game before another foreign manufacturer passes them by. Kia is on a major role and are making some nice products in my opinion. Everybody was treating Toyota the same as a lot of you are talking about Kia, and no matter your opinion of Toyota you can't argue their reputation and status in the Automotive world today. (well I'm sure you could but...) Toyota and Honda are making a ton of sedans in the US, Kia even makes cars here. Putting fellow Americans to work.

My wife works for Ford, I really want Ford to make reliable cars I want to buy. Hopefully competition will find a way to bring it out of them.

I really like the Stinger, lol.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
So far I haven't seen anything I don't like about it really. Look, being a proud American citizen I like to support American made, and American companies but if you want a four door RWD, affordable sporty car your currently limited to just a Charger. Fusion is made in Mexico. Charger is made in Canada. Nothing against Canada, live 20 minutes from Windsor and half my co-workers, many of whom I consider friends are from Canada. Point is I'm not going to try and find reasons to hate Kia. The proof is in the pudding and Ford /GM would be smart step up they're game before another foreign manufacturer passes them by. Kia is on a major role and are making some nice products in my opinion. Everybody was treating Toyota the same as a lot of you are talking about Kia, and no matter your opinion of Toyota you can't argue their reputation and status in the Automotive world today. (well I'm sure you could but...) Toyota and Honda are making a ton of sedans in the US, Kia even makes cars here. Putting fellow Americans to work.

My wife works for Ford, I really want Ford to make reliable cars I want to buy. Hopefully competition will find a way to bring it out of them.

I really like the Stinger, lol.
I agree with your comment about wanting them making reliable cars, I am just struggling as one year into ownership and I am at 30K miles and even though I haven't had any issues, I am slightly worried that in one more year when my powertrain warranty is up, am I going to have a BIG repair to pay for. While the Kia 10 year/100K mile will at least get me a little over three years if I don't move closer to work, so its got me really wondering.

I am thinking about making a trip about an hour and a half to go see the Stinger in person and see if I like it before I get too much more into the thought of trading in the Fusion for the Stinger.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm bummed my car was made in Mexico.

If it didn't have so many strong points, Mexico would have been a deal breaker. Last vehicle was a 2014 Escape 2.0 ecoboost. I fell in love with the AWD, and swore I'd never have another car without it, because Buffalo winters can be nasty sometimes. Was looking for AWD with a bunch more performance, and stumbled on the Sport.

Kia makes great vehicles. Can't dispute that. And they make them in the USA. Stinger seems amazing.

I just can't buy a rear wheel drive vehicle where I live. Not practical at all.

As always, just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
saw this one today. no info on it

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
I agree with your comment about wanting them making reliable cars, I am just struggling as one year into ownership and I am at 30K miles and even though I haven't had any issues, I am slightly worried that in one more year when my powertrain warranty is up, am I going to have a BIG repair to pay for. While the Kia 10 year/100K mile will at least get me a little over three years if I don't move closer to work, so its got me really wondering.

I am thinking about making a trip about an hour and a half to go see the Stinger in person and see if I like it before I get too much more into the thought of trading in the Fusion for the Stinger.
I absolutely understand. The Stinger will probably be on my list when my lease is up. My initial intention with my above rant was actually to defend Kia, lol.

One issue for many with Kia may also be yours, the fact that you have to travel an hour and a half to the dealership. Makes using that long warranty a pain.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I absolutely understand. The Stinger will probably be on my list when my lease is up. My initial intention with my above rant was actually to defend Kia, lol.

One issue for many with Kia may also be yours, the fact that you have to travel an hour and a half to the dealership. Makes using that long warranty a pain.
I know why you were saying what you did.

And luckily I have a Kia dealer closer, just not one with a Stinger model on showroom floor right now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I just can't buy a rear wheel drive vehicle where I live. Not practical at all.
I'm going to be an AWD fan for life so I'd definitely opt for the AWD Stinger even though it adds $2kish and 200lbs. Be interesting to see how the whole Stinger release goes down with pricing and etc... Wonder if dealers will charge more than MSRP?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just messin around.............................:D

Seems like a pretty cool car overall.
And you can buy it riced out from the factory? Score.

Just kidding (sort of). The car looks better in person. But for the V6 engine nearing 50k, I don't think the styling would appeal to someone who is looking for a 50k car.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
And you can buy it riced out from the factory? Score.

Just kidding (sort of). The car looks better in person. But for the V6 engine nearing 50k, I don't think the styling would appeal to someone who is looking for a 50k car.
Yeah, for 50 G's, I'd add a bit more and seriously be looking at an ATS-V.
My co-worker was looking at leasing last week, high 3's to 60 (auto), low 12's 1/4,
well over 1G insane handling. And I don't like GM at all (bleed ford blue all the way).........
Still have 16 leftovers you could probably get for cheap...........

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yeah, for 50 G's, I'd add a bit more and seriously be looking at an ATS-V.
My co-worker was looking at leasing last week, high 3's to 60 (auto), low 12's 1/4,
well over 1G insane handling. And I don't like GM at all (bleed ford blue all the way).........
Still have 16 leftovers you could probably get for cheap...........
while I don't disagree with you, the thing is a lot of us are looking for something we can drive year round, and a V series Caddy, RWD and 464 HP does not work for a lot of us. If I lived somewhere I could drive a RWD car year round, I would just be in a Vette right now, or a GT350, or something like that. But that is not an option for me and several others of us who are talking about this car.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
while I don't disagree with you, the thing is a lot of us are looking for something we can drive year round, and a V series Caddy, RWD and 464 HP does not work for a lot of us. If I lived somewhere I could drive a RWD car year round, I would just be in a Vette right now, or a GT350, or something like that. But that is not an option for me and several others of us who are talking about this car.
Understood, was replying to the RWD version, which I think is only 2 grand cheaper (than
same version AWD).

But if it was AWD and pushing 50, I'd probably be getting this then............

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=456609119&zip=08527&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=08527&listingTypes=new&startYear=2017&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=BMW540IXD&makeCodeList=BMW&searchRadius=0&listingTypes=new&startYear=2017&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=BMW540IXD&makeCodeList=BMW&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=BMW&modelCode1=BMW540IXD

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have also thought about a BMW or even an Audi, my issue with those cars are cost to fix anything that happens to them, and with the miles I put on, I am out of warranty WAY too quick.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I went thru all of this thinking a year ago:
1. Chevy SS. I've got a GTO, I would like 4 doors and a trunk with more room (can't get an amplifier for guitar into the GTO. It worked OK in winter with Blizzaks but in deep snow I was screwed. I did love the power!

2. BMW 540i-lots of used ones out there, but even then the price was $15k more than I paid for my Fusion (I got it used with 176 miles) and the transmission doesn't shift any better.

3. Audi S4-used price was $10k higher, repairs would have been horrendous for cost, and impossible to get if we took it on the annual trip thru ND and Saskatchewan. That said, I do like the dynamics a lot better.

4. Cadillac/Dodge SRT etc-none of them have the big engines in the AWD cars. You have to move up to the SUVs, and those are top heavy, more expensive and guzzle gas.

The Kia wasn't a thing in 2016, I'd definitely look at it, but if it's playing in the same leagues as used Audis and BMWs, it's hard for me to see the value there.

No, I think the Fuspo is the sweet spot for an AWD sports sedan in 2017. Just save a little money on the side for a tune, and maybe exhaust/intake massaging at some point.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Car and Driver instrumented test on the 3.3T AWD. 0-60 4.6s, 1/4 [email protected], 4157 lbs.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-kia-stinger-gt-33t-awd-test-review
I think the most IMPRESSIVE thing about these numbers is they were achieved on 87 Octane fuel. I don't I can think of a car that is faster running regular gas.

Kia released the preliminary pricing for all 5 trim levels, with a "subject to change" caveat. So here is the tentative pricing (w/ destination included):

• $32,795 Base 2.0T RWD
  • $37,895 Premium 2.0T RWD
  • $39,895 GT 3.3T RWD
  • $44,395 GT1 3.3T RWD
  • $50,395 GT2 3.3T RWD

• $34,995 Base 2.0T AWD
  • $40,095 Premium 2.0T AWD
  • $42,095 GT 3.3T AWD
  • $46,595 GT1 3.3T AWD
  • $52,595 GT2 3.3T AWD
The loaded AWD GT2 is right there with one year old, CPO MB C43's, BMW 340i xDrive's, Audi S4's, etc. that come with warranties that offer unlimited miles (in the case of the MB) or 100k (in the case of the BMW). They are also not just limited to the powertrain like the 10/100,000 warranty from Kia. Kia needs to enact that "subject to change" clause and drop the price to be more competitive.

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
Wow, the starting price of a GT with AWD is the same as a loaded Fusion Sport (MSRP before haggling, and the fact nobody wants sedans bringing the price down too!)... that's crazy.

I do hope they sell, that way companies keep making more interesting affordable cars. But wow that price is high.

·
Registered
400 Posts
By the summer of 2019 I bet you could snag a new 2018 GT AWD for under 35.

Unless I am under estimating the power of rich parents, I think the styling is too immature for a 40-50k car to sell at that price. Performance wise I think it could command it if it weren't for the cosmesis of the car.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I think the most IMPRESSIVE thing about these numbers is they were achieved on 87 Octane fuel. I don't I can think of a car that is faster running regular gas.
Really?, you do know Stangs only lose 7 Hp with 87 (not sure on the 2018 yet).

And for 7400, all you get is extra straight line speed ($1233 for each tenth in 1/4)
Don't get me wrong speed cost money and I've paid a bunch to get into my Sport.

Would have thought though the Brembo brakes and latest greatest number one rated
Pilot S4 tires would kick the snot out of Sport with 10th place rated Conti' 5s.
Not so, in fact Sport beat it in braking and barely lost on skipad.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-ford-fusion-sport-with-summer-tires-tested-review
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-kia-stinger-gt-33t-awd-test-review

201 - 220 of 256 Posts