Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently this is a thing, keyless entry doesn't work at one of the local gas stations because (quoting Ford tech) "they have jammers for credit card theft". So, I went looking for the hardware key area, and apparently there isn't one, even though it describes it online. All we have is the little depression under the cup holder that makes the remote control more sensitive? It works fine everywhere else, so I'm not sure if the battery is getting low or the tech is right about the environment.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The gas stations shouldn't be jamming anything. They could be fined big time by the FCC. Besides, that's not how credit card theft works.

We don't have a physical key, just the NFC spot in the cup holder.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
There are skimmers that work wirelessly but agreed on this being an FCC violation.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There's a physical key in the fob. The top comes off and you pry off the driver side piece next to the door handle with the key and there's a lock behind it. Dealer showed me on delivery of my sport..

·
Registered
331 Posts
My fiance and I went to St. Louis Bread Company (Panera Bread for everywhere else in the US) the morning of the eclipse, and she needed something out of the car. I COULD NOT for the life of me get the key fob to work from inside the building. It worked perfect just outside the door, but inside, right next to the window, no more than 25 feet away from the car, it refused to work at all.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Some of the "energy star" windows have a metallic coating that also reflects the radio waves.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Some of the "energy star" windows have a metallic coating that also reflects the radio waves.

I had assumed it was something to do with being on a similar frequency to their pager system, but you could very well be correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts