1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looking forward to learn about my new car here. Looking for best modifications and tune that are still daily drivable!
Congratulations. I also have a 2019 FFS, I do not have any mods and about 18,800 miles. I bought it new 2 years ago. Hope you enjoy the car.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!
I don’t think there’s any commercially available mods out there for our FuSports that reduce the daily driveability. As far as NVH, fuel economy, or your savings account…well, that might be another story. Ha!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Looking forward to learn about my new car here. Looking for best modifications and tune that are still daily drivable!
Welcome to the forum @ZR07 ! Drivability should, as mentioned, be good with any normal mods. Generally the output is set not to come on at those levels until you're into enough pedal that the car knows you want to move.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You can make them go fast, but so will your money. LOL.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Welcome from up north

·
Registered
556 Posts
Welcome from Colorado! There are some great folks here that know this car inside and out.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
150 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas !

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hello and welcome from Las Vegas

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Alberta, Canada. Just curious, what colour is your Sport and is it the one your wanted?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In all honesty, I wasn’t even in the market for a FFS. I knew what they were capable of and I knew they were quick, but I didn’t think too much. I’ve been in the market for a car since 2019 and I was looking for something like a mustang or camaro. I was running a few errands and I happened to stop at a Ford dealership and saw it sitting on the lot. It’s a white and it only had 5k miles on it! The price looked right and it’s basically a brand new car. Being a college student, I love the practicality of it, yet it’s still fun to drive. I think it was the right choice for me!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Gear shift Window Car seat cover
Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome to the forum @ZR07 ! Drivability should, as mentioned, be good with any normal mods. Generally the output is set not to come on at those levels until you're into enough pedal that the car knows you want to move.
Thank you! Ive noticed the car is pretty responsive and it knows what you want to do when you want to. Looking for some modifications that will help out on the high end. Low end torque is fantastic! Just looking for it to continue. Maybe because of how the turbos are tuned? Either way, looking forward to learn a lot from everyone!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome from Ohio!
I don’t think there’s any commercially available mods out there for our FuSports that reduce the daily driveability. As far as NVH, fuel economy, or your savings account…well, that might be another story. Ha!
Thank you, from H-Town!
I think I’m more worried about voiding the warranty right now because of how new the car is, being that it only has 5k miles. Once I put some more miles on I’ll more thank likely throw a tune and some simple bolt ons. An recommendations? Looking for an exhaust thats throaty and low pitched?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Thank you, from H-Town!
I think I’m more worried about voiding the warranty right now because of how new the car is, being that it only has 5k miles. Once I put some more miles on I’ll more thank likely throw a tune and some simple bolt ons. An recommendations? Looking for an exhaust thats throaty and low pitched?
Hi @ZR07 ,

You mentioned wanting more high end, and the turbos. Yep, we've had a few folks who replaced the turbos with the MKZ turbos. They've generally said that gives them more high end (because of the higher flow rate), although they do sacrifice a little on the low end to get that. But most of them are very happy with it!

The single biggest thing you can do is just the tune though, hands down that's the biggest gain by far, for the least effort. You can get huge gains across the board with that. With a good tune, your 80mph+ performance is much, much higher.

You should consider an intercooler as well. A tune, an intercooler, and maybe an intake, in that order, are what gets you the most in this car as far as speed.

Other things to consider, that come to mind: sway bars, an exhaust (you already mentioned that), 245 tires, lightweight wheels, catch can, some guys do BOVs. I know there are other mods I've seen people do as well. Check out the build threads. 😎

Reactions: MY27FUSION
1 - 20 of 32 Posts