Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving my wife crazy telling her I wanted to buy an FFS since I saw it at the 2016 Detroit Auto Show. She told me to buy it just so I would shutup. I drove my 2017 Fusion Energi 270 miles to turn it in (lease) and drove back a 2019 FFS. From one extreme type of Fusion to the other Extreme.
Both cars side by side. FF Energi is dirty...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds nice, I didn't think there were any new FS left out there. Hope you enjoy it.
There are a few. Maybe 20 or 30 between used and new ones for sale in the US. Last I checked for used, there were 3 (3 weeks ago). But there were a lot more used available around Nov. A few only 6 or 8 months old. Like someone bought them and traded it after their summer fun.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
37 new avail according to autotrader

I was only searching for 2019 FFS. Autotrader said only 21. 2019, as I got tired trying to figure out what package each car had on it. In the end I found the closest 2019 FFS on Car Gurus. The only issue I had when looking for the car was expecting there to be more overlap between the car posting websites...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds nice, I didn't think there were any new FS left out there. Hope you enjoy it.
Actually there quite a few brand new ones still available. I even saw a few 18's still new for sale. I think the cheapest one I saw was luted for 26-27k.

edit....didnt see the other post after yours lol. I just repeated what the other guys said

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First few things I have noticed after driving the car for one complete day...

- It sounds like a speaker is on static or a fan is running all the time behind the Sync3/console. What is that?

- The seek button is flipping out. Everytime I use it, it goes back to the previous station it found and starts the same seek between the same stations all over again.

- I tried to manually update Sync3 and it just spins. After 30 seconds, it stops and nothing else happens. On my previous Fusion it would search and then come back to tell me the last time it checked for updates and once started to update... I am guessing Sync3 is very outdated and has a few bugs.

·
Registered
142 Posts

- It sounds like a speaker is on static or a fan is running all the time behind the Sync3/console. What is that?

- The seek button is flipping out. Everytime I use it, it goes back to the previous station it found and starts the same seek between the same stations all over again.

- I tried to manually update Sync3 and it just spins. After 30 seconds, it stops and nothing else happens. On my previous Fusion it would search and then come back to tell me the last time it checked for updates and once started to update... I am guessing Sync3 is very outdated and has a few bugs.
1: I do not experience that.

2: I do not experience that.

3: Try using a thumb drive and download sync updates from a PC instead of using the wifi. It will work better but takes 20 mins +/- to fully update.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1: I do not experience that.

2: I do not experience that.

3: Try using a thumb drive and download sync updates from a PC instead of using the wifi. It will work better but takes 20 mins +/- to fully update.
Sync3 may already be up to date... Tried to download it manually from Ford and the website is telling me it's up to date. And not giving me an option to download. Maybe it just needs to be used a few weeks to either update Ford servers with correct version or to work it self out. I will check the version in my Explorer later and see if it is the same or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I too have noticed the fan running behind the Sync3/console. You'll only hear it if the car is parked in a quiet spot with the engine off. Kind of annoying.

The seek button, I too have seen that happen. What I figured out was that I was pushing the seek button too fast and it causes the seek to go back to the previous station, gotta take it slower and it will be fine.

I also use MP3s in my stereo and Sync took almost a full day to catalog the 30K MP3s on my thumb drive. I'll probably reduce that to half the number to make it a bit snappier.

The one thing that is driving me nuts about Sync3 in this car. I won't save my AM stations at all. All FM stations are saved fine, all Sirius stations fine too. I cannot for the life of me get the AM stations to stick.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I too have noticed the fan running behind the Sync3/console. You'll only hear it if the car is parked in a quiet spot with the engine off. Kind of annoying.

The seek button, I too have seen that happen. What I figured out was that I was pushing the seek button too fast and it causes the seek to go back to the previous station, gotta take it slower and it will be fine.

I also use MP3s in my stereo and Sync took almost a full day to catalog the 30K MP3s on my thumb drive. I'll probably reduce that to half the number to make it a bit snappier.

The one thing that is driving me nuts about Sync3 in this car. I won't save my AM stations at all. All FM stations are saved fine, all Sirius stations fine too. I cannot for the life of me get the AM stations to stick.
I will have to play with the scan button and take it slow as you suggested....

But for AM radio, I only listen to music on my phone and AM radio... the station I listen too saved fine for me and (I have to confirm now) but didn't seem to clear out after a master reset...
Let me know if this is what you were doing to save your stations... It's what I did...
Go to the radio station you want to listen to, and then hold down the save channel/slot until the button name changes to the station you are currently listening to. I think it also beeped when the name changed to the station.

Not sure if there is another way to save stations for Satellite, FM or AM radio... I assumed it is the same for all and that's what you did. So just curious.

·
Registered
34 Posts

I have that too! I can hear it when the car is quiet, even when running. I didnt figure it was worth a trip to the dealer over, but I would love to figure out what it is.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have that too! I can hear it when the car is quiet, even when running. I didnt figure it was worth a trip to the dealer over, but I would love to figure out what it is.
It's a cooling fan for the display/processor. Most aftermarket head units with a large touchscreen display have them too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's a cooling fan for the display/processor. Most aftermarket head units with a large touchscreen display have them too.
I wonder if this fan is a 2018 or 2019 new feature. I didn't have the fan in my 2017 Fusion. Also, I have never heard it on my 2019 Explorer but my wife drives it 98% of the time.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I wonder if this fan is a 2018 or 2019 new feature. I didn't have the fan in my 2017 Fusion. Also, I have never heard it on my 2019 Explorer but my wife drives it 98% of the time.
As long as you have the touch screen, it has the fan. My 2014 SHO had it, so does my 2017 Fusion Sport. My 2018 Explorer does not have it because it has the 4.3" non-touch screen.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congrats on the buy just read your other thread with all the questions. I do envy that all black interior in the 2019. It's the one thing I miss not having in the 2017. Regarding your questions about the tires, make sure to run them around 39psi, the first time I blew a tire I thought it would be ok to run it a little lower around 36psi like most other cars. That was the first mistake could have just been a coincidence, but those thin sidewalls need more air in them.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Ford used the wrong tires for the Fusion Sport. They went 245/45R18 on the MKZ with 245/40R19 optional. I run 42 psi min on my 235/40R19.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts