Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
Philadelphia native looking to buy one of these once I move out of the city to Delaware County in a few months. Just looking to acclimate myself to the car and what to look out for so once I have a driveway I'm ready to roll. Haven't needed a car as I've been working remote, but now that I'll be leaving the city I'll need something to get around with. I was expecting to get a boring econobox, but thanks to GME (lol) I have a budget to have some fun.

My previous car was an e46 330i which I loved. I enjoyed driving a sedan with some power, and with only 230hp stock (250 with some work) I figure anything upwards of 300 will be a blast, let alone with turbo and the respective torque these cars seem to have. I was looking at Stingers (big Doug Demuro fan) and they're a little out of my price range pushing 30. Was also cross-shopping with old M3s, but the reliability concerns are very existent after having an e46 already. The Fusion Sport seems like an absolutely steal occupying the 19-23k range for '17-19 models and I'm sold. I'm learning more about the quirks and things to look out for and its seems a late 17 (for that gen 2 engine) or an 18 will be my target. Will probably re-do audio anyways, so not as concerned about that, and the tech packages don't seem to be lacking in any trims so I'll be fine. Obviously chime in with any notes. I'm familiar with the fact, but only a little, that post '17 they downgrade some interior quality.

I will be poking around here and there and if anyone is selling within the next couple months feel free to shoot me a message.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hoping it was just a typo....but if you're in the market for a Focus Sport....you're not going to find much help/useful information on this forum....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hoping it was just a typo....but if you're in the market for a Focus Sport....you're not going to find much help/useful information on this forum....
LOL, great catch. Must be because I was a big fan of the Focus RS models back when they were coming out, old habits don't change I guess.

·
Registered
452 Posts
One of things to look for on the used FS is if it has an aftermarket tune on it. Get the dealership to make sure you are starting off with a factory tune. You just never know what a previous owner may have done to the car. You want to make sure you start off with a clean slate. You can always do you own tuning, once you decide which way you want to go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 2 biggest things to lookout for are mostly related to 17 models, 1. leaky oilpans and 2. issues with cylinder heads, that issue generally applies to very early 17's. There is also a recall related to the PTU seal sweating (very minor leak), so when pulling the purchase trigger just double check that. Just out of curiosity, what colour car are you hoping to get?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts