1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
It will probably "work", but not nearly as well as a tune. The biggest perks of a tune are a reduction of torque management for harder launches, significantly improved high rpm power, and better shifts. The Boost max simply tricks the car into running higher boost, so the power band will still crash at high rpm, torque management will still hold you back at launch, and shifts will still stink.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thanks for the info. Looks like I'll wait for the next version from LMS and hope on their 93 tune.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
96 Posts
Soooo. I tried it today. I wasn't ready to do the tune and liked the idea that I could just pull it out if needed. Well it's coming out in the morning and I am going to see if I can get my money back. Install was not too bad took about an hour and the test drive felt great! Man does it wake up the car! I was in love! Car was reaching about 19 psi and pulled hard. I was ready to come on here and tell all to buy one if you didn't want to go the tune route, until tonight. My check engine light came on. The code is a "p1013",WASTEGATE CONTROL PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH, but also a permanent code "unknown diagnostic trouble code". I don't think that this item was properly tested for our cars. Now I have to figure out how to remove a permanent code and I guess will be going the tune route.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah I can clear all the codes with my scanner but the permanent one I've got to remove the unit and do a universal drive pattern to to clear it. Basically you've got to prove to the car that everything is okay. BTW how much boost are you guys running on the tunes?

·
Registered
181 Posts
As I have heard form my Tech the "unknown diagnostic trouble code" is not a big deal. It usually means that the different modules were not talking to each other for some unknown reason.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Either way I don't like that every time I start my car the check engine light comes on and I have to clear it but thank you for the comment puts me a little more at ease that I did not f*** anything up with this guy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I see. I use dash command and it holds 15 psi on the gauge and at times has very quick spikes to 17 psi stock. With the boostmax it was holding 19 psi on the gauge but didn't get any of those spikes in the limited time testing. That makes sense how it is being calculated then.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
with the tune and the SCT X4, I hit just shy of 16 psi on its reading... not sure how accurate that is.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pulled the boostmax out and was able to clear the permanent code. It seems to be all back to normal.

Reactions: Aseller and 1153
1 - 11 of 11 Posts