Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I picked up my white FFS just over a week ago, and in doing so I'm getting rid of my old MB SLK. A couple of my friends who are more into cars have been talking a lot of smack since I told them I'm trading in the 2 door roadster they couldn't beat in a race for a grocery-getter looking dad car. I may have left out that I got the sport, and that it already outperforms the SLK from the factory. But as of today, my FFS began its build process. Fittingly, the only parts that have come in so far are mostly cosmetic for the rear end so my friends have something to look at when they can't keep up, the JLT oil separator, a GFB DV+, and my SCT tuner. Once the Steeda CAI and UP FMIC arrive I'm excited to put the Unleashed tune to the test, but for now, here's a solid first day of working on the FFS.

From the dealership:

New tail lights and trunk trim wrapped in CF:

Debadged the rear and relocated the SPORT and Ecoboost badges as well as custom painting the rear Ford logo to match the color theme, also rear window louvers are slightly more visible in this picture:

Ecoboost badging on the plastic trim near the Ford badge.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
JLT catch can and T9548 VTA DV+:

That does it for now. Waiting on the next batch of parts to arrive, then I'll hopefully knock out the majority of aftermarket headlights, CF trunk spoiler, CF interior trim kit, the ford edge sport engine cover, FMIC, Steeda CAI, tune, repainting the horrendous paint job a previous owner left me on the bottom of the front bumper, and a new grill in a day or two when my dad lets me steal his garage for a while again.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I really like the “SPORT” badge on the radio!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Looking good. If only my mechanic was as quick as you.

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
260 Posts
I really like the “SPORT” badge on the radio!!
I like it, but it would be hard to dust around it. Everyone keeps a dust rag in their car too, right? Right?

Reactions: maydk65

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
150 Posts
I like it, but it would be hard to dust around it. Everyone keeps a dust rag in their car too, right? Right?
Yes , we are OCD as well.

Reactions: Vidmo

·
Registered
842 Posts
It seems like these cars have dust generators in their HVAC systems. I went and dug out my sport letters and started sticking them around the car to see where I might repurpose them. How about this?

Attachments

Reactions: Engineer and Fozzy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems like these cars have dust generators in their HVAC systems. I went and dug out my sport letters and started sticking them around the car to see where I might repurpose them. How about this?
That looks pretty good, I'm not a fan of how car companies put the labels on the trunk so I usually just debadge all my cars since it looks cleaner, but that looks a lot better than OEM!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I’m with you Jacob. I’m especially unimpressed by the simplistic block letters and used-on-every-model-in-the-marque nomenclature (SE, SES, SEL, etc. ad nauseam). I remember when badges were distinctive and artistic, sometimes maybe overwrought, but they contributed to the individual identity of a model line up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For a 2017 build your engine compartment is very clean.
What is the best way for dirt removal without damaging the engine?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For a 2017 build your engine compartment is very clean.
What is the best way for dirt removal without damaging the engine?
The dealership had a full detail done before so I was pretty happy to have a clean engine bay. I’m probably going to ceramic coat the paint and plastics and then just try and regularly wipe them down with damp rags

·
Registered
842 Posts
Oh for crying out loud! They can’t say they didn’t see your tail lights. Sorry for your misfortune!

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still got the temp tags on it lol. The dude was hotboxing his car with cigs and couldn’t see, and when he got out I thought his engine caught fire because of how much smoke was coming out of his cab haha

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just makes you want to get baseball bat, doesn't it?:cry:

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
260 Posts
Let me guess un-insured as well.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
150 Posts
From the rust on his fender I'm guessing this is not his first rear ender.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I wanted to take out some accident frustration today and do some work on the front end. Got to my parent’s place and opened up my UP intercooler box and it got damaged in shipping, maybe someone in a civic rear ended the delivery truck… Started the day with a good old steeda intake install, and after a little repair work the FMIC was good to go. Install went about as smoothly as I expected, great fitment and quality of work. Finished up with some very nervous oscillating tool cutting on plastic to get the bumper to fit back on and here we are:

I love the noise from the intake, and the intercooler really opened up the airflow. Even without my tune programmed yet I can feel it’s giving me a bit more than before without pushing it, and as soon as the dealership handles the crash end of things I’m dialing it in and seeing what the car can really do. No pictures yet with the bumper on because I didn’t have time to wash the car and I must have killed half the bugs in Ohio over the last three days. I’ve got a long build list for next weekend, and the front end will hopefully look a lot different so I’ll make sure she’s nice and clean for that one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts