Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I just picked up my Fusion Sport - Your probably wondering why I say it was meant to be... Well here goes.

Been looking at getting a new ride for quite a while, really interested in the Fusion Sport - but I was cross shopping. Looking at Expeditions, Explorers, Edge's and the FS. - Why the three SUV's and the car? Well - I've got a 97 Expy that's paid for and a 15 year old son, so that's going to be his car. But I gotta say, the Expy is convenient - can use it to haul the boat, lots of peeps, etc. But I have an 05 F-350 for tow duties, so that's not as big a deal.

Well anyway, I was shopping around, and sent a request to several dealers for info on Explorers. One local dealer got back to me, and I told them I was cross shopping. They said ok, not a problem sales guy will get back to you. Two days pass, and I email the dealer - "Anybody going to get back to me?". Sales Manager then pinged me and asked if anybody had contacted me. I told him nope, and then asked if he had any Fusion sports - "We have two" - I told him I only saw one on the web site - he responded - "The second one is used"....What? a 2017 car that's only been on the market for a couple of months and there's a used one?

So I went and looked and sure enough - one 2017 Fusion Sport, Black, with 900 miles on it. Since I qualify for X-plan I started looking to see what the X plan price would be. As it turns out, it had more options than I thought and was optioned EXACTLY as I would have ordered it - except it has Nav - I wouldn't have ordered that. 401A, cooled seats, sunroof, Nav and all weather floor mats. And as a CPO car the power-train warranty is now 100k miles. Still get the 3/36 (minus one month).

Ended up getting it for 33.5k and they threw in a 55 inch tv. So it was below X plan for those options.

I'm thinking I did pretty well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice !! Congratulations on that buy, it definitely seems like it was meant to be. That TV though... Smart LED TV.....? ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Cool. Sounds like things worked out well for you. Congrats on the FFS and enjoy getting to know each other.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea. With Roku.

Oh yea, one more note: From a dig - I suspect that the FS will SMOKE my 05 Mustang GT (Automatic/vert) 0-60. From 60-90 well, that may be more interesting. Dropping the GT into third and that thing FLIES 60-90.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats! Good deal too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts