Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So probably 80% of the time, I keep my car in sport mode. I like the stiffer suspension, more aggressive engine note, stiffer shifts, etc. I also tend to use the paddles to downshift fairly regularly, even while it's still in automatic mode.

It never fails... almost every single time I do that, I ended up pulling away from a stop sign or light, with the RPMs cresting 6500RPM as I realize that the car is still stuck in manual mode, forcing me to pull it out of sport mode only to put it back into sport mode, and continue on my way. Sometimes I catch myself first, albeit rare, and manage to double press the sport button before pulling away.

Is there a way to switch the car back into automatic mode, while still in sport? (without manually turning sport mode off and back on) It seems like a really obvious thing that Ford should of realized during development of this car. Like pushing both paddles together at once puts it back into automatic shifting mode or something.

Does this exist and I'm just missing it? Does this annoy anyone else? lol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Curious also, I just press the button twice.

Reactions: qwerty3089

·
Registered
165 Posts
So probably 80% of the time, I keep my car in sport mode. I like the stiffer suspension, more aggressive engine note, stiffer shifts, etc. I also tend to use the paddles to downshift fairly regularly, even while it's still in automatic mode.

It never fails... almost every single time I do that, I ended up pulling away from a stop sign or light, with the RPMs cresting 6500RPM as I realize that the car is still stuck in manual mode, forcing me to pull it out of sport mode only to put it back into sport mode, and continue on my way. Sometimes I catch myself first, albeit rare, and manage to double press the sport button before pulling away.

Is there a way to switch the car back into automatic mode, while still in sport? (without manually turning sport mode off and back on) It seems like a really obvious thing that Ford should of realized during development of this car. Like pushing both paddles together at once puts it back into automatic shifting mode or something.

Does this exist and I'm just missing it? Does this annoy anyone else? lol
Since I don't have a FS yet, I'll just go by previous experience. You would most likely have to take it out of sport in order to do that. Once you manually shift gears, the program assumes you have taken control. I had exactly the same situation with my '05 Subaru Legacy GT. I'd be willing to bet that's what the deal is.

·
Registered
246 Posts
its actually quite simple. to disengage manual shifting mode but stay in sport, simply hold the upshift paddle for about 3-5 seconds, until the gear number disappears from next to the tacho. viola! you're back into auto!

it might also work with the downshift paddle but I have yet to try it since most of the time I want the next gear up and then to put it in auto...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its actually quite simple. to disengage manual shifting mode but stay in sport, simply hold the upshift paddle for about 3-5 seconds, until the gear number disappears from next to the tacho. viola! you're back into auto!

it might also work with the downshift paddle but I have yet to try it since most of the time I want the next gear up and then to put it in auto...
NO WAY!!!!!

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! I honestly didn't expect there to be a trick to do this lol

thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
246 Posts
NO WAY!!!!!

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! I honestly didn't expect there to be a trick to do this lol

thanks for the tip!
no prob. I was curious about it too a while back so I went digging. can't remember where I found the solution, but I'm glad I did. I hated that sudden panic when the car revs to redline when you're not expecting it... lol

·
Registered
165 Posts

OK, but you have to tell me, isn't it faster to press the sport button twice rather than hold one of the paddles until the number disappears? You can choose sport while on the fly, right?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Lol. I didn't like the idea of constantly turning sport on and off. Just one of those things that I feel use too much and it will stop working properly. Thanks for the help figuring it out.

Reactions: qwerty3089 and 1153

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
I do the same thing, I keep Sport on for the stiff suspension, and I'll use the paddles to keep it in a high gear so the engine isn't revving for no reason. And like qwerty said, I'll eventually get to a light, start going again and realize I'm almost redlining it.

I'm working on this with someone. I'm not gonna post how to do it to respect the other guy, as I didn't discover it, I'm only helping with the testing. But don't worry, he'll share soon.

Here's this for now... ;)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I do the same thing, I keep Sport on for the stiff suspension, and I'll use the paddles to keep it in a high gear so the engine isn't revving for no reason. And like qwerty said, I'll eventually get to a light, start going again and realize I'm almost redlining it.

I'm working on this with someone. I'm not gonna post how to do it to respect the other guy, as I didn't discover it, I'm only helping with the testing. But don't worry, he'll share soon.

Here's this for now... ;)

Omg YOU TELL US RIGHT MEOOW!

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Haha, either I'll let you guys know if he gives me the OK to share, or he said he may post. Just making sure it doesn't create any DTCs. Very soon!

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
81 Posts
I liked the selectable suspension options I had on my 14 MKZ, I am surprised they didn't offer it on the Sport. However I've only seen that available on Lincoln models. I am excited to see how this is done on the Sport!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You tell who ever it is, he'll get a sticker from me. Just like this one 😀

·
Registered
481 Posts
You tell who ever it is, he'll get a sticker from me. Just like this one 😀
i literally was like how the **** did i miss these settings ive played around with everything lol.

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't like that Ford restricted some of the options that our car is fully capable of doing, just to appease the Lincoln brigade.

I also find the car manual absolutely terrible, there are so many mistakes, even in the critical fluid volume sections for our vehicle.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don't like that Ford restricted some of the options that our car is fully capable of doing, just to appease the Lincoln brigade.

I also find the car manual absolutely terrible, there are so many mistakes, even in the critical fluid volume sections for our vehicle.
which ones are wrong?

·
Registered
624 Posts

What the fluck! Holy he ll you guys. I have had the car since July and just accepted the fact that you had to take the car out of Sport, then put it back in, to get Sport Auto. How was this accepted by so many of us for so long? For now on I'm posting ever single question or thought about my car lol. Just yesterday I was in Sport manual and was like, dam it wish I could easily put her back in auto.

And now we may also have a way to adjust the suspension individually?

Not sure why I'm so excited, I haven't been this thrilled to read something on the forum in a while.
Thanks cousin vinny.
Good luck on the testing DaMiFo.

·
Registered
624 Posts
DaveE, what's the deal? The other day someone literally cussed on here, think it was the F word and it was there for everyone to see. But I still can't say he ll or dam n? What gives?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My bad

Reactions: Kevin74 and 1153
1 - 20 of 28 Posts