Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I would like to get a app for my Phone/android to show me gauges and also to data log but I am not so good with techie stuff , my FFS has the small face radio and my programmer is a first Gen LMS unit , I cant see paying 500 for a new programmer just to have these functions , can the FFS community help steer me in the right direction Thanks ….

·
Registered
424 Posts
So I would like to get a app for my Phone/android to show me gauges and also to data log but I am not so good with techie stuff , my FFS has the small face radio and my programmer is a first Gen LMS unit , I cant see paying 500 for a new programmer just to have these functions , can the FFS community help steer me in the right direction Thanks ….
Hi,,

Here is an excellent start from Oreo. Very low cost.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am already confused lol , can this be done with the base radio in my FFS ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I am already confused lol , can this be done with the base radio in my FFS ?
I would just go for a Torque app and your phone. Just purchase a OBD2 bluetooth adapter. It's part of Oreo's right up. Also lots of You Tube videos. You just can't send it to the base head unit.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you

Reactions: Flew

·
Super Moderator
1,229 Posts
Also maybe some useful information in this thread...

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just ordered the OBDlink mx+ all in one kit with free app , seem easy enough to do

Reactions: Flew

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The OBD link mx + unit is out of stock , I ended up with the MX unit and torque pro app that was in stock .

·
Super Moderator
1,229 Posts
Ran a MX before I grabbed the MX+ it will work just fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The OBD link mx + unit is out of stock , I ended up with the MX unit and torque pro app that was in stock .
I just got the MX Bluetooth...the one Oreo referenced in the above link about gauges above.
I'm curious to know 2 things:
1. Are you using the OBDLink app that you downloaded to install the plug? Because it can log as well as provides gauges to view.
2. If not, why? What is the difference between what is in this app compared to Torque Pro?

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did not use the app that came with the OBDlink mx unit I purchased , I'm sure all the Apps pretty much the same thing , I went with the torque pro app because my friends use it and it is easy for me to get help if I cant figure it out ..

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What six gauges is everyone looking to monitor with this app ? I have to use my phone temporarily and seems to fit 6 gauges nicely ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
What six gauges is everyone looking to monitor with this app ? I have to use my phone temporarily and seems to fit 6 gauges nicely ?
Use this thread - it will help give you some ideas

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good info thanks ..

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On my Torque pro app I can not seem to get the transmission temp working all the others are working , any thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tried all 3 ford specific gauges with no luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts