Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about grabbing a methanol injection kit to hold me over until some bigger things arrive. Does anyone here have one? If so, are you tuned for it?

I'm curious to see how this car, in particular, responds to it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I believe that Torrie (unleashed tuning) is running one in his but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I used to run one a long time ago on my Cobalt SS/SC. Meth is far and beyond the best cooling solution you can get for forced induction cars. Instantly knocks your Octane up well beyond 93, cools the intake charge to ambient temps, washes the intake valves, cleans the cylinder heads. You just need to keep an eye on your meth levels. Something like the Devilsowns kit should last you around 1 month with moderate fun times.

There really is no downside to running meth unless you forget to fill/check the bottle.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Seems to be a couple different "big" manufacturers for the kits... Both seem to have about the same components, side the controllers. First is DevilsOwn, second is Snow Performance. DevilsOwn is cheaper, but TBH I don't see a kit designed for any of the newer EcoBoost engines, and the forums have posts from 2+ years ago without much activity. Not sure which way to lean here, but I'd definitely like to do this at some point, especially with how well this engine holds heat (I blame the CGI block, but it's also what makes it capable of being a boost monster).

Anyone have personal experience with either?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Talked to Torrie again this evening (it's amazing how quickly he replies, even at ~11:00PM), inquired about running a WMI setup and a tune... He sells WMI kits from AEM and Snow, and he apparently runs a Snow 210 kit on his FuSpo. I'm super interested in getting the 210 kit and a tune from him, just need the $1,000 available to do it, or to convince the boss to let me put it on a card.

I get the feeling the CGI block will LOVE the WMI, and I'm curious how much more power it can make when tuned properly...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Talked to Torrie again this evening (it's amazing how quickly he replies, even at ~11:00PM), inquired about running a WMI setup and a tune... He sells WMI kits from AEM and Snow, and he apparently runs a Snow 210 kit on his FuSpo. I'm super interested in getting the 210 kit and a tune from him, just need the $1,000 available to do it, or to convince the boss to let me put it on a card.

I get the feeling the CGI block will LOVE the WMI, and I'm curious how much more power it can make when tuned properly...
I have had my 210 kit sitting in my garage for god knows how long. I've not had the time to install it yet and with the weather being an average of 110 I don't want to install it yet. once it starts to cool down come maybe september ill brave the weather but torrie did make me a 100 performance tune for when i get meth up and running.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have had my 210 kit sitting in my garage for god knows how long. I've not had the time to install it yet and with the weather being an average of 110 I don't want to install it yet. once it starts to cool down come maybe september ill brave the weather but torrie did make me a 100 performance tune for when i get meth up and running.
Where did you live exactly again, and when will your garage be open? :D:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have one installed but unplugged right now. It keeps it cool for sure. I did not have enough time to dial in the meth/e35 tune before all this winter weather so will continue next season. It is worth it, car gains 30-40hp it feels like but its very hard to dial it in.

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17

·
Registered
447 Posts

How fast is his car?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I wouldn’t run water meth here daily because of desert lol. But be nice for a tune to use from time to time. As with any tuned car you can’t beat the **** out of it day to day you are way out of the designed operating window by adding 100+ hp and tq. So when you spin a bearing or other failure expect to pay to get it fixed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wouldn’t run water meth here daily because of desert lol. But be nice for a tune to use from time to time. As with any tuned car you can’t beat the **** out of it day to day you are way out of the designed operating window by adding 100+ hp and tq. So when you spin a bearing or other failure expect to pay to get it fixed.
what does desert have to do with running meth? If you are in a hot area meth will help your car even when DD.

Reactions: mantra1

·
Registered
267 Posts
what does desert have to do with running meth? If you are in a hot area meth will help your car even when DD.
Just have to run at least 50% water here. Methanol boils at 148.5 degrees. Under the hood or in the trunk, it gets well over that temp here in the Summer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just have to run at least 50% water here. Methanol boils at 148.5 degrees. Under the hood or in the trunk, it gets well over that temp here in the Summer.
Boost Juice is 50/50 that is what I run.

·
Registered
279 Posts
118 in the shade. Doesn’t matter how much your meth water ratio is it stil vaporizes/evaporates at the same temp. Under the hood it would just simply boil out of the mix and your left with water injection. If you tune for it then you can’t get a consistent mix and then detonation and a possible hole in a piston. Not worth the expense if I can only use it part of the year or a day to day basis. That’s why lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
118 in the shade. Doesn’t matter how much your meth water ratio is it stil vaporizes/evaporates at the same temp. Under the hood it would just simply boil out of the mix and your left with water injection. If you tune for it then you can’t get a consistent mix and then detonation and a possible hole in a piston. Not worth the expense if I can only use it part of the year or a day to day basis. That’s why lol
We use air tight fuel cells as Meth tanks here. Once the pressure in the tank reaches 2 bar, the Meth stops evaporating until the temp hits 180 F.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts