Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it took me a week after I bought my Sport to figure out why my IPhone
ringer magically turns itself all the way up.
First time it did it I was sitting at home watching TV and my phone rings, scared my wife out of her skin.
I told her I didn't turn the ringer volume all the way up, not sure what's going on.
Well I finally figured out it's the car that does it.
Any way to stop Sync from automatically turning up the ringer volume?
Never had this happen in my 09 MKZ, not sure why it does it here.

·
Registered
451 Posts
So it took me a week after I bought my Sport to figure out why my IPhone
ringer magically turns itself all the way up.
First time it did it I was sitting at home watching TV and my phone rings, scared my wife out of her skin.
I told her I didn't turn the ringer volume all the way up, not sure what's going on.
Well I finally figured out it's the car that does it.
Any way to stop Sync from automatically turning up the ringer volume?
Never had this happen in my 09 MKZ, not sure why it does it here.
The only things I can think of... There may be a ringer volume option on the car's Sync 3 system. It's like when you turn on bluetooth headphones and it raises the media volume all the way up. If something like that is all the way up, it will set the phone to go all the way up. You can also try toggling the ringer and alerts "Change with Buttons" option in General > Sounds. I could be completely off. Worth a shot though. Unfortunately I don't have an iphone so I can't test.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Ah, I had this happening as well. Happened when I had Bluetooth turned on and plugged it into the USB as well. When the Bluetooth would connect, it would auto turn up the ringer all the way. If I do only via USB things are peachy.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Ike, so it appears to be a Bluetooth only issue, well issue for me anyway.
I'll start looking through the Sync 3 section of the manual and see what I find.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I went out at lunch and explored the phone menu, under the "Phone Ringtone"
screen, nothing was checked.
I checked "No Ringtone" and cycled the ignition a few times, it never changed the ringer volume.
I assume that means if I receive a call when Sync 3 is paired to my phone, it will not ring through the speakers.
I switched it to "Use Phone Ringtone", since I would like something to alert me, and cycled the ignition a few times, again, phone volume did not change.
Not sure if I just didn't give it enough time or it actually is not going to change the ringer volume, I'll drive it a few days and report back.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Mine does it as well and this is an issue that has been around for awhile. You can google it and find plenty of people talking about it on various Ford forums. Unfortunately with all of the talking there are no solutions yet that I have found so far...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was searching around and came across the Escape forums discussing this issue, their bandaid was to go to the iPhone settings/sounds and toggle "Change with Buttons" to off
It works, but the dumb thing is you can't change the ringer volume on the phone with the buttons, you have to go into sound settings and do it.
Apparently Ford blames Apple for the issue and Apple blames Ford.
It quite apparent it's a Ford issue since it started with Sync 2.0

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my iPhone and a Ford Fusion Sport. The interesting thing is that I used to have a Chevrolet Impala and had the same issue with the volume on the iPhone turning all the way up when connected via Bluetooth. So it doesn't appear to be only an issue with Ford but with other auto manufacturers as well.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have this issue, and sometimes it resets itself to lower volume, and sometimes it stays max volume. I haven't been able to figure anything out to fix that, and I am not sure if it is a sync thing or an iphone thing.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wanted to update this thread.
Since I've updated my Iphone to iOS 13.1.3 the issue where Sync turns up the volume ringer is gone.
I've had the "change with buttons" unchecked for a few years now, which was the only way to stop it from happening and I recently switched it and noticed within the last few days the car doesn't mess with the ringer volume anymore.
I just noticed there is another Apple update, 13.2, hopefully it doesn't screw it up.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I also had had this problem and one of the many recent iOS updates corrected it for me not sure which one though. I'm currently running 13.2. The one problem that continues for me and its super annoying is the phone dials zero as soon as it connects to the car at startup. Anyone have a fix for that ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts