Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
No, in our cars engine & trans only respond from the command from the S button/mode on the shifter, but that overrides whatever you have set on the IPC and everything goes into Sport mode.

Normally you'd just change this in the "Performance in D" menu on the IPC but that doesn't work in Fusions, only in the MKZ.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: LeVeL

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Try:

720-01-01 xxxx xxxC xxyy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to activate the control of the ccd on the 2018 model with the dual screen cluster? I'm stuck on getting this to work. Adaptive steering was no problem, but the suspension eludes me.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
It's most likely been removed from the 2018+ strategy for this IPC, unfortunately. No progress in years.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm flabbergasted that there's no way to unlock it, short of installing a different ipc, that doesn't make any sense in my head. Change the speedo and tach to adjust the suspension...?!?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Don't rack your brain over this. It's not really worth the hassle, the same goes for adaptive steering control on the IPC. I'd label these as non-essential but cool to have. A better analogy is that these settings are like WW84, really hyped up, OK to watch, but in the end wasn't really substantial.

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
I'm flabbergasted that there's no way to unlock it, short of installing a different ipc, that doesn't make any sense in my head. Change the speedo and tach to adjust the suspension...?!?
Why? Ford never meant for us to have access to it anyways - that's a Lincoln or Ford Performance feature in North America. As metroplex said, it's just a cool 'nice to have' thing.

To be honest, I think we're lucky to even have CCD to begin with.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Don't forget you do have both the steering and suspension control through the Sport button, so it's not like you don't have control over those. You just control them (both at the same time) through the Sport button instead.

But like others have said, Ford didn't intend for this to be a menu-based control in the FFS. So the fact the option was even still in the firmware in 17s is really just by accident. Actually if you REALLY can't live without it, you could conceivably flash an older version of the IPC firmware onto your 401a cluster, and then you should be able to unlock that feature with FORScan. I have an 18 FFS, and I don't think it's worth doing that, so I'm not going to bother. Some day I might put a Lincoln IPC in but I'm not even doing that at this point, since I'm still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Yes so like I said, don't rack your brain over adding the Comfort mode option because while it is nice to have, it isn't mandatory or anything to write home about. Sport mode still engages sport mode CCD and steering.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yes so like I said, don't rack your brain over adding the Comfort mode option because while it is nice to have, it isn't mandatory or anything to write home about. Sport mode still engages sport mode CCD and steering.
Hey while I'm waiting to be able to get my MPVI2 to see power, do you happen to know if there's a separate Sport map in there for CCD or Steering? I imagine not but haven't seen yet because it hasn't been able to read my vehicle yet. I'm just wondering if shock pressure is adjustable by mode, for instance. Same with steering. I like the difference in modes but if it could be just a little more pronounced that might be cool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I upgraded to sync 3.4 from sync 3.0 (via Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs ) which went flawlessly and is worth doing, but while I still have the steering and suspension menus on my 2017 FFS, they don't work. I'm wondering if anyone has run into this, if the forscan codes are still valid with sync 3.4 and if reflashing the same codes would re-eneable the menu items to actually work. Also does anyone have a sync 3.4 forscan code list assuming there are differences? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
SYNC is unrelated to the IPC or CCD suspension / VDM, a version change has no effect.

·
Registered
8 Posts
SYNC is unrelated to the IPC or CCD suspension / VDM, a version change has no effect.

Thanks, so any idea then why after doing the flash, the steering controls aren't aren't working like they used to? Physically it works fine because when I pop it in sport on the gear shifter I can feel the steering change, just not when I select it in the IPC menus Thanks

141 - 157 of 157 Posts